All reviews complimentary mini bar room controls sauna and steam room pool and bar area terrace suite high end furnishings free international calls providing advice modern stylish rooms are amazing short taxi well sound proofed perfect place to relax separate toilet great hotel bustling city pleasure of staying
Reviewed 15 June 2018

We had the pleasure of staying at the Almanac in Barcelona last weekend for my first visit to Barcelona. The hotel is not only amazing but the staff are some of the best I have come across in my travels !. The Almanac is relatively new and the fit out has taken everything into account, our room was extremely comfortable and had the latest technology to make the stay super comfortable, the toilet itself even lit up at night !! ( small things ! ). The roof terrace is a fab place to chill out, although the pool is only small, more for cooling off that swimming, its a great place to enjoy a few cocktails and is very popular with the locals. The food was excellent and the breakfast set us up for the day.
Overall I cannot highly recommend the Almanac enough and will definitely stay there again when I visit Barcelona again ... they have a few other hotels around Europe, so also looking into visiting some of those !

Room tip: We stayed in a terrace suite at the rear of the hotel so lovely and quiet, although not brilliant views, still am amazing room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sara T
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel has been very well designed and appointed with the latest in technology. The staff were excellent, the room very comfortable, the breakfast excellent and the rooftop bar beautiful. Centrally located to everything Barcelona has to offer. 10/10 bravo!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aobrienone
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

My wife an I stayed here for three nights on our trip to Barcelona, and the hotel it self was one of the highlights on our trip. From the moment we arrived the staff welcomed us and they upheld the same friendly and very high service throughout our stay.

The rooms are amazing and very clean. The housekeepers does a fantastic job making you feel welcome every time you return to your room.

I will recomend Almanac to anyone visiting Barcelona.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank andhalsa
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in May with my 2 year old and we loved every minute of it. The staff there were always happy and accommodating to our every need. Big thanks to the concierge who gave us great recommendations to restaurants and then helped us make all the reservations. For the nights where we didn’t go out we ordered room service at the Linea restaurant. Their cockles were the best we ever had and their seafood paella was also very tasty. Be sure to have a few drinks at the roof top bar/pool. The sangria is a must. Last, the previous reviews were right about the amazing coffee they have at breakfast. Unfortunately, the coffee machine broke on the 2nd morning of our stay. Hopefully it is fixed by now. Yes, I would highly recommend this hotel to family and single people.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank meko219
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Arrived and was given an upgrade to a suite - thanks you!

Location is excellent near to the main drag in Barcelona

Room
VERY comfortable bed and sheets
All modern digital controls - which sometimes could be a bit awkward to control- like the positioning of the switches next bed. Lights would go on automatically at night and then not go off.
Nespresso machine in suite living room for both coffee n tea.
HUGE living rool TV - but the sofa is at an angle that youwill be watching TV sideways unless you sit at the dinning table

Great bathroom with shower and huge bath - his and her sinks... separate toilet -had the "Japanese toilet butt washer" but it's a European brand - that I found was a bit dodgy to use. Going to this expensive they should have opted for the warm toilet seat. ;) I liked the amenities were in large bottles and not little samples sizes

Restaurant Had a quick dinner - nothing special - found a bit of plastic in my salad - that I pointed out and they comp me the salad and coffee. Very apologetic.

Breakfast was very good - they have a hot order option and my eggs were done nicely. Staff were really nice - but service was patchy. Gotta give a shout out to I think his name was Jorge - looks like a football player- to the point people were taking his photo -LOL. When I dropped by the hotel before my stay- he showed me around...and really "sold" me that I wanted to come back- luckily I had a reservation :))
Roof
There is a wading pool - so you cannot swim - but nice splash down. Great views all around - relaxing area.
The barman (from Lithuania) was very professional when chatting with me - excellent English.

Dropped by the gym - which is an OK room with some good new equipment - there's a sauna and steam room.

Lobby area is minimalistic and has a relax feel - there is a nice area with comfy seating and some water and snack bits.

Good stay - hotel needs to address finding more English speaking staff. But good addition to the BCN hotel scene

Room tip: high floor
Date of stay: May 2018