“Great choice in Barcelona”

Hotel Denit Barcelona
Ranked #160 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
DC
“Great choice in Barcelona”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Nice hotel. It's only about a block from Placa Catalunya where you can get Aerobus to and from the airport. And it's right near the top of the Gothic Quarter with loads of shops, cafes, all the action. Yet it is on a quiet street. Room I had was small but nice and new feeling. Continental breakfast spread was very nice (I understand you may have to book directly with the hotel to get the breakfast - not sure if this is true but it is what I did.) Great location, quiet street, beautiful room but small, nice breakfast. Hard to beat. I would stay here again if I ever get the opportunity to return to Barcelona.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Hotel-Denit-Manager, Manager at Hotel Denit Barcelona, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear DC,
Thank you very much for your review from your recent stay in Denit Hotel. We would like to thank you for your nice words about the breakfast, and I inform future guests that breakfast can also be booked upon check-in in the Hotel if it's not included in the rate. All in all, we are really glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcome you soon in Barcelona.
Kind regards.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Hotel is 3 minutes walk away from Pl Catalunya, where the AeroBus arrives from Airport and which also is a stop for both Hop On Hop Off bus lines. Many of our explorations were on foot and most central areas are within good reach (Born, Gothic, Ramblas, Sea Front). We had room 12 (XL) at first floor which looks out to the front (Carrer d'Estruc). Room was very nice, not huge in absolute terms but easily large enough for two people, very clean and quiet. Room had free WIFI and an iPhone docking station (nice). There's no mini bar in the room but Reception desk are selling water, juice etc. There's a computer with printer available for use at the reception (no extra cost), which is good enough for online check in and printing boarding passes. Overall very pleasant stay at the DENIT.

Room Tip: Room 12 (XL) at first floor for couples
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Reinhard76,
Thank you very much for letting us know your experience in Denit Hotel. We are really happy to know that your stay with us has been pleasant. We will be glad to welcome you soon again.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We returned to the Denit on our Feb/March trip to Spain, for two stopovers in Barcelona. My husband had stayed there tweice before. It is every bit as good as the positive reviews indicate; location, reception and cleanliness excellent. On both stays we were upgraded to a spacious double room. It is great to stay in such a light and airy hotel. At breakfast the coffee machine is still a bit of a challenge (staff are ever patient and helpful though) and I would have appreciated a healthy cereal option. But definitely we recommend this great little hotel, and will stay there again.

Room Tip: If space is an issue, mention this as some rooms may be quite small.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Maree049,
Thank you for your kind feeback regarding your stay in Denit Hotel. We will work to improve your suggestions about the healthy cereals in the breakfast and we will facilitate easy instructions for the guests with the use of the coffee machine. We hope we will see you soon again in Barcelona.
Kind Regards.
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My daughter and I spent 6 nights at the Hotel Denit in April 2012. We chose the hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. The Hotel Denit was ideal. The location was perfect; steps from the Plaza Cataluyna and steps from La Rambla. The Aerobus to the airport was convenient - right at the Plaza Cataluyna. We reserved the XL room but is was actually bigger than we needed. Teh room was spotless; the shower area was adequate. In fact, the shower was wonderful. The bed is a platform bed. I did miss the box springs and my back was a bit sore from lack thereof. The staff was terrific. They spoke excellent English. They gave me detailed directions on how to take the train to Montserrat. I would stay at the Hotel Denit again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheri N
Hotel-Denit-Manager, Manager at Hotel Denit Barcelona, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Sheri N,
Thank you very much for such a nice review of your stay in Denit Hotel. We truly appreciate all the nice words dedicated to all the staff. Contact us if you ever decide to come back to Barcelona ,we will be delighted to welcome you again.
Seattle
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This hotel was great in every way. It's an easy walk from the Aerobus stop at Placa de Catalunya, and convenient for most of the major sites in the city. We booked a "large" room including breakfast and it was spacious and modern. I had emailed ahead indicating that I was gluten intolerant and asked about gfree options at breakfast. The manager replied to my email and said it would not be a problem and asked me what I liked to eat at breakfast! The first morning at breakfast I asked the gal in charge of the breakfast room what might be safe for me to eat and she knew my room number & immediately led me to her "kitchen" and showed me a bag of gluten free muffins, a large bag of gfree cereal, and a loaf of gfree bread, all just for me. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, in fact, our last morning, 3/29/12, was the day of the National strike in Spain and we had a morning flight. We had heard the day before from a taxi driver that many taxis would not be working and the buses and other mass transit would be spotty. The hotel assured us that they would have a taxi waiting for us and because the breakfast room was not open that day they brought up my gfree stash and served a breakfast for my husband and myself in the lobby before our pick up time. I cannot praise the Denit's staff enough. They truly went above and beyond.

Room Tip: On the Denit's website you have a choice of booking various sized rooms. Our room was "larg...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kjh555
Dear kjh555,
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of your stay in Denit Hotel. We are really happy to know that we met your expectations in every way. It's really important for us to satisfy all guests's needs and make you feel like you were at home. We look forward to welcome you again if you ever come back to Barcelona.