“Had the menu of the day”

Restaurante Museo de Productos de Castilla-La Mancha
Ranked #27 of 469 Restaurants in Toledo
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Spontaneous stop for lunch and we were treated to good service, explanation of the menu and good honest local cuisine. Menu of the day is €12.50 which is a BARGAIN and includes 3 good courses and drink of your choice. Excellent value too!

1  Thank steadyslack

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I had been recommended to try this restaurant and its menu del dia by a local guide and it was wonderful! For about 13 euros, it included a starter and entree, both chosen from a selection, as well as dessert and beverage. As the restaurant specializes in food of the Castilla-La Mancha region, the wine option for a beverage is from this region, too. (I do not know much Spanish so when I tried to ask for a red wine using "rojo" (forgetting it is "tinto") but accidentally said "rioja," I was quickly corrected that this place only has wine from Castilla-La Mancha, not Rioja!) My starter was a delicious stack of vegetables, such as eggplant, and cheeses, including both a soft cream cheese and manchego--very creative and yummy. For my entree I chose the duck, which came with a plum? sauce and was delicious! The side potatoes had been sliced and cooked in olive oil, with a creamy texture such as in tortillas (Spanish style)--just simple potatoes and also so delicious! The staff was also helpful and friendly. Overall, such a great meal! Bonus: It also filled me up and kept me going such that I did not even need dinner that night but rather just a few tapas! Totally recommended!

1  Thank juanita99
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This restaurant was recommended by a local when we asked for a place with good and reasonably priced set menu. We were exhausted by the heat and extensive walking up and down the hill when we got there. At that point we only cared if it has AC. And it did! They offered us menu in English right away but since both of us spoke Spanish we preferred to ask the waiter for details and he gave us a very nice explanation and recommendations.
Layers of apple, roasted ham and fresh cheese (milhojas de manzana con jamon asado y queso fresco) was a highlight and homemade cheesecake were our favorites even though everything was very well prepared and presented.
Definitely can recommend it whether you are travelling alone, as a couple or in a group - they have tables of all sizes.
I can't remember when was the last time I could get two courses, dessert and wine for just €12.50.
P.S Sr. Angel usted es el mejor camarero! Muchas gracias!:)

1  Thank VeraG1407
Reviewed 15 June 2017

During our visit to Toledo, it started to rain around lunchtime and my husband and I began searching frantically for a place to escape the rain and have a delicious, authentic lunch. We stumbled upon this restaurant and had no idea we were about to have one of the best meals we had during our trip to Spain. The setting was cozy and we got a table near the fireplace, which is just what I needed on that cold, rainy Spring day. The staff primarily spoke Spanish, but were very patient, kind, and attentive as I fumbled my way through ordering and throughout our lunch. I definitely recommend doing the Menu of the Day ("del dia") where each person picks two dishes, a drink, and a dessert (come hungry!). The del dia price is right and you get to try more dishes that way, as well. Every dish that arrived was amazing and had some flavors that I couldn't even recognize but still crave. We ordered the house red wine, which came in a small bottle for each person. We were served warm bread and shortly thereafter arrived our dishes--lamb, steak, a vegetable stew, and something (I still don't know what it was, but it was amazing) that was wrapped in manchego cheese and topped with carmelized and crisped onions. I'm not sure you could go wrong with anything on the menu and highly recommend this spot.

2  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Another great recommendation from our Airbnb host - we had lunch here. Lovely and cool inside, good service and delicious meals. Would recommend trying this restaurant.