“Great staff and good food”
Review of Posada del Mar

Posada del Mar
Ranked #17 of 736 Restaurants in Santander
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Read about this place on TA so decided to give it a go. Although the opening time is shown as 13:00 it does not in fact open until 13:30 so we sat on the seafront for 30 minutes. We chose to sit in the outdoor bit and a very pleasant waiter greeted us and was very helpful when we asked for advice on the wine and the snapper. His wine choice was excellent and at a reasonable price - a Muga white rioja. I had the turbot and my wife had the snapper. Both were excellent served with buttered potatoes. Very large fish portions cooked to perfection. Prior to this we had complimentary olives and calamari and we also had bread. We had desserts and coffee and the bill came to just under 100 euros. It was worth every penny. The waiter, who was not the owner, was brilliant and between my very poor Spanish and his slightly better English we communicated satisfactorily. menu had an English translation.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Situated on the busy main road by the harbour there is an outdoor seating area as well as a large restaurant. The menu is in English (the options are mainly fish and other types of seafood), the staff are helpful and friendly and the food was fabulous - fresh and beautifully cooked. Lovely well-presented desserts too! It was our most expensive meal in Spain - as is often the case, you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The gentleman that seemed to be the owner provided us with a hearty welcome at the door. We were a large party of 9, so we were seated deep inside the restaurant by the French doors. From the beginning, we were asked about being comfortable. Then they immediately took our drink orders and reviewed the specials.

Everything from appetizers to desserts was delicious. Four of had the oxtail, which didn't disappoint. A few others had the filet with foie gras...spectacular. The hake was a hit, too.

This is a don't miss. Keep in mind their hours of operation.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We had a big lunch here with all of my husband's family (23 people total) and were consistently impressed with every dish (salpicon de bonito, cecina, rodaballo were especially memorable) and with the service. I thought the price was fair for the quality of food. You can tell the fish is fresh and they know how to treat it right. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone who wants to try the local cuisine done right.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

My husband and I were traveling through the north of Spain and spent the night in Santander. It was really late at night, so they recommended us to eat at this restaurant. The service was one of the best ever, even at that time of the night. We were greeted by the actual owner, who took care of us at the beginning and thereafter by the staff.

The food was so good that even after so many months, I still recall the flavors and the feeling of the ambiance. It was really amazing. I wish we could travel again to Spain to eat at this restaurant again in the near future. I highly recommend this.

5  Thank raqsz