“Amazing services, great food”
Review of Posada del Mar

Posada del Mar
Ranked #17 of 736 Restaurants in Santander
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The gentleman that seemed to be the owner provided us with a hearty welcome at the door. We were a large party of 9, so we were seated deep inside the restaurant by the French doors. From the beginning, we were asked about being comfortable. Then they immediately took our drink orders and reviewed the specials.

Everything from appetizers to desserts was delicious. Four of had the oxtail, which didn't disappoint. A few others had the filet with foie gras...spectacular. The hake was a hit, too.

This is a don't miss. Keep in mind their hours of operation.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We had a big lunch here with all of my husband's family (23 people total) and were consistently impressed with every dish (salpicon de bonito, cecina, rodaballo were especially memorable) and with the service. I thought the price was fair for the quality of food. You can tell the fish is fresh and they know how to treat it right. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone who wants to try the local cuisine done right.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

My husband and I were traveling through the north of Spain and spent the night in Santander. It was really late at night, so they recommended us to eat at this restaurant. The service was one of the best ever, even at that time of the night. We were greeted by the actual owner, who took care of us at the beginning and thereafter by the staff.

The food was so good that even after so many months, I still recall the flavors and the feeling of the ambiance. It was really amazing. I wish we could travel again to Spain to eat at this restaurant again in the near future. I highly recommend this.

5  Thank raqsz
Reviewed 23 June 2016

It's one of those places You would regard as a reliable reference for yourself And your friends when you are requested to recommend a place. Easy to reach, in a Pleasant setting, with summer dehors, located right on the city's promenade. Staff is attentive And courteous. Seafood is fresh, various and well prepared. A Good place for groups And for hosting important guests. The view from the dehors is nice And relaxing, especially in the evening.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

This place hit the spot. The steak was perfect. My wife had a fish dish. It was incredible. Even my 3 year old ate some steak.