See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

The room SMELLED so bad, the kid refused to eat inside!! Do NOT stay in room #5... Mould in the walls? Bathroom so tiny it's impossible to move around, the bin is miniature (fills with 1 can :D). Also, very badly-cleaned... So, it's a definite 0.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Juanjo C, Director General at Plaza Pombo B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Thank you for your comment.
You've been 4 nights staying in the same room. During your stay at no time said nothing about the room. And now surprisingly are all problems.
First of all I will tell you that the room smelled not bad. It smelling bad is the food that you kept hidden during those 4 days. Also has been used desk table with knives cutting his food, something that is difficult to fix.
As for his son if he refused to eat in the room perhaps he wants hot food offered in the restaurants of the area against to eat cold sandwiches every day.
The bathroom has large enough, with walk-in shower, washbasin and WC, as you are required by the regulations of tourism. It is corresponding to the category you reserved, a Bed and Breakfast, no Hotel 4 stars.
The bins are sufficient for the room, they are to pull paper, no boxes of food, then it is not true that they fill up before. Be emptied daily, as well as the cleaning is done daily.
I cannot accept that the walls have mildew. That is totally false, and I can't understand because it manifests that allegation. I think that it does not understand the damage that does with these false manifestations.
We feel that you do not enjoy your holiday, but you believe me when I say that we have not guilt.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

The place did not make me think of Spain at all in the first place which gave me a surprise, but loved it straight away. The room was huge (one double and one single bed only for myself) and the view was on both places, plaza Pombo and the one behind and on the church, which was lovely. In the morning I could also see the sea between 2 buildings!
At breakfast again I had a view on the sea! Breakfast is very generous and staff is nice.
I feel they could do with another star, they do a great job!
Thank you so much!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying in this beautiful city for three nights. This B&B made my whole stay wonderful. It was clean and tidy, easy to find for (for someone who doesn't speak Spanish), and the hosts were simply amazing! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone coming to Santander. The location was great, right in the city, and a 10-15 minute walk to the beaches along the seaside. I stayed during the week and wasn't too noisy at all. Thank you so much for your hospitality! I hope to see you again in the near future!

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Arriving at cold, damp Santander, it was good to know we had somewhere booked and, although the ferry terminal is being upgraded and mucked around with, we found Plaza Pombo easily. Less so the (underground) parking, the entrance to which is on the south side of the plaza - but with the pedestrian entrance very close.

Plaza Pombo B&B is on the 3rd floor of a 6-storey apartment block which is best described as "faded elegance". But our room was spacious and warm, and we had a good night's sleep. Some effort has obviously been made to bring the place up to a high standard (although a few details such as the folding plastic door to our shower room could have been done better), and we had a good continental breakfast in a lovely room overlooking the square.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and we felt this to be a good start to our holiday. OK, it's not the Ritz, but for what we paid we were rather pleased!

Room tip: Not all rooms have en-suite, but ours did (No 6)
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2014

Stayed at Plaza Plombo in Santander on our way back to England,it was very near to the Ferry
terminal and right in the centre of the square, bit strange on first arrival as the hotel is on the 3rd
floor of the building. The room we had was on suite and a good size and spotlessly clean even
had a kettle with tea and coffee. The best part for us was that they allowed us to take our small
westie with us. would definitely use this Hotel again. The price was also very good and breakfast
was also included (Continental) and the owners are very helpful.

Room tip: We had room No 6 had a small balcony looked out over the square
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Juanjo C, Propietario at Plaza Pombo B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2014

We appreciate your comments and hope that your stay in Santander would be special for you. We like the pet that, like yours, behave well and are always welcome. We try to keep improving. Thanks a lot.