2,019 results
All reviews pool area sea front reception staff the ground floor half board junior suite evening entertainment plenty of choice older generation rifle shooting restaurant staff sea view lago martianez great holiday water polo pool attendant loro parque
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Staff we excellent and very helpful , the rooms were tired looking and needs updating .
The food was ok and varied but nothing extraordinary..on the day we went home I must of caught a bug from the hotel and was ill on the way home .. my advice would be to take hand sanitizers with you everywhere.. the best part is where the hotel is situated which is right on the front .

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Minimadness7
Tenerife P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Tenerife Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guests,

we are sorry you did not enjoy the hotel.

We must inform you, that all our rooms have just been refurbished, and they all have new furniture.

We also inform you, that we have a contract with a pest control Company.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Seriously i have never been so disapointed in a hotel and can not see how this hotel has so many good reviews!

Every hotel gets the odd bad review and I always think there is always going to be someone not happy about stupid stuff but seriously our experience was awful.

On arrival we didn't get the most friendly welcome, we have stayed in many 4*hotels and first impressions didn't come close to any...and it was about to get worse!
Our room was ok, it seemed clean enough, however it absolutely stunk of sewerage! It was worse in the morning,I guess that's when most people have there first clear out!
The shower leaked badly and would also go from being a normal temperature to scolding hot then freezing cold in a instant! Very dangerous if you are showing a young one!
The beds were comfy and the cleaners did a great job but they are the only good points!
The food was nothing like I have had in other hotels, in fact one morning for breakfast they had left over chicken nuggets and mixed veg out from the night before!! Who wants mixed veg with their toast and cereal seriously!!
Evening meals I struggled to find any thing I liked, in fact instead of putting on weight this holiday, I lost it!!
I used the toilets on level 2 and the toilet roll holder was smeared in feaceas!! Yes literally had $#/T all over it!!
We never once Sat by the pool, it looked overcrowded with plants and trees and not much of the pool area got the sun.
The entertainment was pretty bad, temptations were good but we waiting ages to see the Michael Jackson act one night and he turned up 40 minutes late only to come on and mime,,badly! Now I like a Jacko move or 2 as much as the next person but seriously, heal the world has no dance moves so he just went round high fiving everyone! I felt embarrassed for him as the place went from packed to half empty by song 3,we didn't stay any longer than that before we couldn't watch anymore! One night was bingo where you won a t-shirt, whoop whoop! We were booked for 9 days by day 6 we woke up to the smell of $#/t (again) and ddecided enough was enough so booked the next flight home that day. On checking out they didn't even bother to ask us why or ask how our stay was. Trust me there are so many beter 4 * hotels out there, do not waist your money!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jet31796115252
Tenerife P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Tenerife Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Guests,

we are sorry your stay at our hotel was not as you expected.

We would like to inform you that, for any technical problems, our maintenance service is at our Guests' disposal to fix anything which might be wrong in the room.

Regarding the unfortunate incident you described in the public toilet on the 2nd floor, we inform you that we clean them 4 times a day; we have never had this circumstance before, but maybe in between the cleaining sevice somebody used the toilet not in a proper way.

We never use the food of previous meals to prepare the next ones. this is certified by our Healt and Safety Company. We have a wide range of Guests preferences, and we have increased our breakfast offer according to Guests' requests. We think we have one of the largest breakfast offer, also qualified by the Spanish Quality system audits.

Regarding the shows, we will consider your suggestions in order to improve the offer.

The reception did not ask you the reason why you were leaving before the booked departure date because if you did not mention it they thought it was for personal reasons, and they should not ask this kind of personal information.

We are really sorry you felt you had a bad experience.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

well, well. where do I start. came to the H10. Tenerife Playa with my family. And may I say what an excellent hotel this one is, Reception is amazing make you fell like they know you and go out of their way to do all they can which is an excellent start to your holiday the rooms are cleaned every day bed made towels changed on a regular basic, The house maids do an excellent job. Restaurant food is very good plenty to eat service from the staff is amazing not forgetting all the chiefs who cooks and preps the food for us all They hardly get a mentions so well done all chiefs bar staff in side the hotel are pleasant helpful and go out of there way happy and smiling makes it a pleasure to be in the H10 Hotel Outside pool, hot tub and pool bar all are excellent the staff are first class you even get plain crisp if you are all inclusive which I have never know that before this only now leaves the entertainment staff the day time entertainment are excellent now for the night entertainment don't know what they are called but yeah they was ok but what happened to karaoke for one night that was the only thing I missed . no kettle in your rooms but I did not miss that really drank water witch was free but all in all if you don't want to take my honest review well get booked in you wont be disappointed

Room tip: 335 pool view 340 side veiw were you can see the sea
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank eileen kathleen d

Dear Guests,

thank you for your excellent evaluation of our hotel, and for your kind comments, which we will share with all the staff. We are pleased you enjoyed your holidays, and we hope you will soon come and visit us again.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights as a privilege guest with a room on the 5th floor overlooking the sea.

When arriving greeted by reception seemed friendly enough. Quick check in and take a drink cava if you want. We didn’t bother and went straight to the room. Unusually for a 4 star you take your own bags to the room no bell boy but not an issue as the lifts are next to reception.

Room was very clean although a bit dated with a safe with a key (not digital). We just left the key in a drawer so we didn’t have to carry it about with us, but if your a bit more untrusting you would have to take it with you everywhere.

Bathroom quite small but adequate. Shower screen leaks so soaks floors but nothing a small towel can’t sort. Extractor poor however, opening varanda door when showering sorted the steam. Toilet a bit close to sink and hairdryer in the wrong place as you have to stretch it over the toilet to dry your hair. Could’ve been designed better.

Pool area good shaded in lots of places and pool probably needs to be heated from October as cooler than the sea!

Dining room nice and staff really friendly. Food was okay but not as big a choice as some hotels. However there is enough of a choice to have a hearty meal each day.

The entertainment was on the whole quite good. The cocktails nice and the bar staff friendly.

On checkout however the reception staff who I encountered were rude. The words on checkout were ‘okay your done’. Not ‘did you have a nice stay or anything along those lines’. Found that quite strange. Maybe the cleaning ladies should be receptionists as the we’re all very pleasant and always made a point of saying ‘Hola, Beunos Dias’.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louisajan
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Pros:
- very good food. I had breakfast and dinner and food was excellent and a lot and i had from where to choose
- very close to the beach
- very close to the shops
- very clean room. The cleaning lady came every day and make the room.

Cons:
- it doesn't have parking space and if you don't want to pay for parking at a mall near by hotel, you have to park the car far from the hotel where you can find a free place
- I stood in a room with a balcony with direct stairs to the hotel pool, but the door could not be closed from outside but from the room. All the time when I went to the pool I could not benefit from this, but I had to walk out the room and go to the pool. It would have been ideal for the balcony door to be locked from outside.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank T3utza
Tenerife P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Tenerife Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Guests,

thank you for your very good evaluation of our hotel and for your kind comments and suggestions.

We are pleased you enjoyed your holidays, and we will consider what you mention for future projects.