We were rather reluctant to visit Tenerife, after having experienced Playa de Los Americas for a few hours once, en route to La Gomera. Friends had recommended this hotel highly for quite a few years. From the moment we arrived we had an excellent welcome from friendly and efficient reception staff, good porter and lovely room with a sea view, although the rooms overlooking the gardens are really nice too. The gardens, in our view, were superior to those on show at the Botanical Gardens up the road, they are pristine, the main pool setting is excellent with lots of sunbeds and towels. The spa has a further pool and an amazing health pool/jacuzzi with full length beds built in and ultra warm. Treatments are good and they have a programme of yoga, tai chi and stretching, something each day, in a lovely room and complimentary for guests.
Breakfast buffet is extensive, we usually hate buffets but freshly cooked omlettes and eggs and they have everything you could think of, you can even have proper coffee from a machine rather than that stewed stuff from a pot. Lunches are excellent and really reasonable. The cocktails are fab, fab, fab, amazingly cheap and you get nice little individually made nibbles, all served against the backdrop of unobtrusive live music and a very elegant lounge. We had dinner one evening that just didn't work out, however, don't really want to dwell on that, when the manager found out he did everything in his power to put it right, however, by this time we had found other really nice restaurants outside the hotel so used those. All the waiting staff were efficient (apart from the dinner restaurant staff) There seems to be an odd system of no room left on the bill for tips but this can be achieved via cash and they deserve it, they go the extra mile.
We were amazed when we checked our bill at how much the room rate was, we have paid 3 times this in Europe and had hotels not 50% as good as this. Lots of repeats and average age of guests was iro 50 but some, quiet and well behaved, children that were made welcome.
Hotel is in easy walking distance of shops which are pleasant, you can forget you are in Tenerife. There are some lovely restaurants very close by, also really reasonable.
Lots of lovely white fluffy towels and robes, no tatty areas, just excellent and amazing value.
We are going back. We filled in the hotel questionnaire and within 24 hours it was acknowledged with positive comments about the suggestions and you are left with the feeling that they want you to come back and value your custom.
Try it, sure you won't be sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife