Open today: 8:30 AM - 6:45 PM

from US$ 59.30
from US$ 91.00
from US$ 75.20
25,923 results
All reviews behind the scenes sea lions killer whales discovery tour splash zone dolphin show free train penguin enclosure animal shows animal park sea world live shows beautiful park all ages animals seem costa adeje second visit
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I enjoyed going here, it was an enjoyable day out for all ages. I really recommend watching all the shows as they are excellent yet educational. Small children will love Kinderlandia and seeing the baby parrots in Animal Embassy, Teenagers will definitely LOVE this as there is free WiFi and all the family can get together and eat at one of Loro Parque's fine restaurants. We done the discovery tour which was BRILLIANT and very educational. Altogether I really loved Loro Parque and think it is a more than one day thing.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

It's an expensive day out but WELL WORTH IT! The Orca, dolphin & parrot shows were fantastic. Lots to see, you'd need a full day. The park clearly cares and looks after the animals. Spotlessly clean around the park. 'Donations' for the toilets.. but don't feel obliged.

BE AWARE OF UNOFFICIAL CAR PARKING JUST BEFORE THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO LORO PARQUE - We were ushured into a tiny car park by 2 men, it was just before the main entrance but having never visited before we didn't know until we entered and they tried squeezing us into a ridiculously small space. Cars pulling in behind us would've blocked us in. We immediately realised it wasn't the official car park and quizzed the men. They tried telling us it was the correct car park.. clearly fibbing. They wanted €5!!! We got out of there as quick as we could, followed by others who were almost caught out too. The official car park is just along the road, costs €4.

You must visit Loro Parque if you get the chance. They also carry out great conservation work.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

For many, Loro Parque is a place to let young kids off the leash and yes families will love it. But for us as a 50 year old couple, we sought peace and stress releasing fun which LP provided in abundance.

Firstly, it's not really a zoo. It has enclosures and each are clearly tailored to suit the occupants and there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work focused on animal welfare to ensure all animals are happy here. There are tours you can take to experience this first hand.

We skipped the shows which I'm sure are great, but we've seen them elsewhere with our children. Sea lions, Dolphins, killer whales.... And of course this park specialises in parrots (Spanish 'Loro')...

So our highlights:
- the first lake - peaceful until feeding time for the koi carp, when they mysteriously become piranha like chasing the food thrown in!
- the penguin house, also containing puffins, is a real treat - they have gone way over an enclosure here and this is a must see
- the jellyfish area is truly amazing , I've not seen that before and thought this the best surprise of the day
- the aquarium with the shark walk is worthwhile too
- the rainforest walk is pleasurable and the treetop aviary experience was perhaps the most relaxing place on our trip

Some really lovely areas to enjoy, especially at times when the shows are on. Plenty more to see also, and maybe the baby chimpanzees and the playful otters are worth a mention.

The food was ok, room for improvement I think but plenty of options to suit all guests.

Down sides? Nothing much, I think the channelling of all visitors to a photo point was not the best way to start, better to have photo points around the park or wandering photographers imho. However you have the photo at the end for 6.5 Euros which seems good compared to on board Ship prices that our cruise line want!

I would have liked more time there than our tour allowed but a day is fine for a visit if you are staying on the island. I'd love to go back there again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is well worth a visit a great day out for all ages , Animals all look healthy and happy , Good food available on sight . Plenty to see and do ,

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Park very well landscaped, organised and tidy. Animals appear very well cared for. I recommend the Discovery tour for an insight behind the scenes. Good range of eateries and places to buy souvenirs . The parque runs a foundation to raise money for animal welfare throughout the world. Highlight for me was the penguin area kept to about 0 degrees with fake snow! Also the antics of the silverback gorillas. Originally a park for parrots (loros) which it still specialises in but in recent years have added other, if slightly, restricted range of animals. Runs various shows throughout the day but unfortunately I did not have time to visit these. I would definitely recommend a visit to Loro Parque.

1  Thank SHELAGH h