As a wheelchair user, who travels alone, I want to warn others that the Semiramis is not wheelchair friendly. It seems to me the Spanish think that, if they have a ramp in place, it is wheelchair friendly despite the gradient!! I needed assistance to get out of the hotel, to go to the swimming pool area and to the bar. Once outside the hotel, the inclines were too steep for me unassisted. The British Standard for ramps/slopes is 1.12 unassisted and 1.16 assisted. My arms and shoulders tell me that the gradients of the slopes at the Semiramis were more than 2.2 and I would hazzard a guess that the entrance would be more than 3.3!
I concur with other reviews, this is not a 5 star, but a 3. Bad service from some staff on reception (Ernesto) and in the restaurant/bar (Carmelo) both extremely rude on occasion.
Rooms smelled of bad sewage, towels paper-thin, room gloomy, very noisy at night - traffic and waves, all balconies faced north so no sun, only one bar open during the day which was outside and, even though there were cold days, the inside bar was not opened! Entertainment was appalling, but it did clear the bar so service was better!
The food was very good and the chefs excellent. This is the only positive thing I can say about the hotel and would definitely not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Best Semiramis is a confortable establishment of five stars located in the quiet residential area of “La Paz”, 1.5 km away from Puerto de la Cruz and leisure complex “Lago Martianez”. It offers wonderful views of the sea and the north Coast of Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Best Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Semiramis Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Best Semiramis Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife