“Very Generous Salads and Delicious Homemade Bread, Beer, and Cheese”

Los Aljibes de Tahiche
Ranked #30 of 1,514 Restaurants in Lanzarote
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was delicious as usual and the staff were friendly. Our waitress took time to explain the specials and and answer questions.They make their own craft beer on the premises and they even use it to make their cheese. We nibbled on the cheese and the sweet potato chips whilst drinking our beer and waiting for our delicious salads - smoked salmon for me and spinach for my husband. The homemade garlic bread was too tempting to resist. We hadn’t been for ages and were not disappointed.

The terrace seems to have been updated by the addition of a glass wind screen and large canopy style umbrellas - a great improvement.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch here with friends. It’s a beautiful location. The home brewery adds a special feel to the place. It’s worth touring around the various areas including the stills and the art gallery. The artwork is for sale. The food was tasty. We had the mixed grill, lamb and Fillet steak. The steak was cut in 2 places, was it frozen? Lamb was nice and juicy. Some of the meat in the mixed grill was not cooked properly but they did cook it when asked. Service was good. 1 of the waiters repeated everything in English even though our 2 friends spoke to him in good Spanish. A pleasant afternoon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have always talked about visiting this restaurant and finally made it there recently. Having read reviews both on TripAdvisor and from local information we were expecting something special.

The good points were, being able to sit and relax with a drink before going to our table, and the fact that we were not rushed. Service is good, efficient without being pushy and we were looked after by a number of different staff, all were attentive and very pleasant.

It was the food that was the big disappointment. My wife and I like aubergine with honey, which is hard to find on the Island, but is one of the starters here, so that was what we ordered, followed by Lamb for me and Chicken in beer for my wife.

Whilst the aubergine was cooked nicely, and covered with plenty of honey, there was the addition of sea salt, far too much and something we have never encountered before. For us it spoiled the dish.

If you like meat then the main courses will meet with your approval. The Lamb was a leg of Lamb, cooked ok, but with few vegetables, and we noticed later after another study of the menu, that we should have been given a choice of what accompanied each dish, not good for a restaurant that pitches itself as a special eatery. My wife's chicken, again was ok and but once more came with just a few veg, nothing special here.

The house wine was good, but may have been slightly overpriced.

Would we go back? probably not, for the prices charged I want something that is different and makes me want more, something that this meal did not.

I think there are a number of other restaurants offering large meat dishes that are just as good. I can not understand the rave reviews, as the food is definitely average, so it must be for the setting or decor.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Last night of holiday...fantastic meal , great steak friendly people, recommended .If you want relaxed not touristy good food and to go home happy , full up and smilling please give this restaurant a try.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

A nice restaurant with a friendly service and tasty dishes. We went for starters, they were quite big and could replace the main course - for that reason we moved straight to a dessert. All was good and fresh.