“Atun in boca”

Caprichos de la Gomera
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We recommend for starters the langoustines in salsa de cabra, mmm, and tuna to wrinkle on your tongue. This is probably the best resto in Sebastian. And the view! Unless a cruise ship blocks your view

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Great views over the marina and harbour. The food was very good and portions so large that we had a takeaway and had another full meal from them. Highly recommended. It is refreshing to see a Gomeran meal served with vegetables and potatoes

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I have been there with my husband and we have chosen the restaurant carefully. Came around 17.30 got to know its open at 19.30, so we even decided to wait. My first look was at the table covered with some dirty material which for sure saw mamy previous clients...but ok, no worries. Then i went to the toilet...well..actually I thought of leaving already and it was a mistake that I didnt follow the intuition. The toilet was very smelly, dirty floor, some toilet paper around, i dont even wanna think if it was already used. But lets talk about food. The menu was delivered as two: "old"and "new" cards. The new was printed without prices. So basically we had to ask - on one hand - if the things from "old" card are available and - on the other hand - what are the prices of the things from "new" menu. Finally ordered, our fault - bcs we dont speak Spanish - it wasnt easy. We ordered salat with octopus and almagrote as starters, risotto with seafruits+limpets and beaf steak with almagrote sause for main. Only this risotto was okay, not very good and made from frozen seafrutis but eatable and I cannot say bad words about it. Steak, although written as filet was a piece of very low quality of meat. My husband already after a first piece told that to the waitress. She said no problem, she will bring the filet. Of curse brought the same piece of meat just cut an fried a bit more. It was tottaly uneatable and he ate maybe 1/3 of it. The waitress noticed and asked if it was bad. Yes, it was. Oh, maybe you thought it was a beaf (dish called beaf filet) nono, it was a pig. Bloody, medium rare pig?? It ended with stomach pain that actually never happens to him.

I will not mention the octopus salat, it was bland and we ate it just bcs we were hungry. All together I must admit that although we really wanted to go there and eat famous cooks menu we came back dissapointed. The steak anyway appeared on the bill in the amount of 14.50€. Quite much for a meat that I wouldnt even use for a gulash.

We ate already several times in few places on La Gomera, and all of them were much better. I am sorry to write it, but that was the true.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Beautiful views over the harbour, food excellent, staff very friendly and, to cap it all, amazing value. Had complimentary glass of cava to begin, then an amuse bouche, bread, and the dishes we'd ordered which were extremely good. The best meal we'd ever eaten in Spain.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

It was Carneval – Saturday night the town was full, the noise considerable, all the children were dressed up and the long procession had just parked up. We thought the restaurant would be full, but in fact all the families were having drinks and snacks in the central square and we were the only people in this restaurant, which although on the top floor above some shops, is well known.
Things started well, with nice breads, a complimentary glass of Cava, and an amuse bouche of potato and mushroom. We chose our own (local) wine from the display, and that was fine. But unfortunately, the food was not so good. My squid was just a few small shreds in too much batter, and my tuna was an overcooked end-cut in several pieces, although my partner’s watercress soup was excellent and cod with palm honey was good. Obviously, these are cheaper ingredients.
We felt very sorry for the four staff who tried so hard just for us in an otherwise empty restaurant. But sadly, it would be hard to recommend as the prices were higher than most other restaurants nearby and the food quality variable.