As others have stated this hotel is at a great location. Minutes to the bus stop to reach Palma or the local beaches. Mind you the beach at Portofino is a pretty nice, quiet family beach. Definitely a place you can chill out. We had a great room with a terrific view, only downer was no balcony but wasn't willing to lose the view to get another room with a balcony which was offered but with a not so good view. The reception staff were AWESOME, very helpful and very courteous. Clara definitely is a plus for that department. The housekeeping staff..sorry to say they sort of let the hotel down. Minor things but they need to improve. Running out of toilet paper is not good, neither is not changing the glasses in the room daily. The restaurant was Italian and delicious. The breakfast, in my opinion, not worth it. It's definitely continental and same thing each morning..eggs and bacon are available for an added charge. Honestly I have had better continental breakfasts at lower standard motels. The guys doing the breakfast were great, they work hard and are very nice. I have to say there's on girl who works for the restaurant, blonde haired waitress who really needs a course in dealing with the public. She has absolutely no manners, and never smiles. At one point she actually ignored my wife when my wife was asking about an order we placed. Not good customer service there. Other than this I'd definitely return but only if the housekeeping department picked up their act.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UR Portofino**** The UR Portofino Hotel is situated in the area of Ciudad Jardin, one of the closest beaches to the city of Palma de Mallorca. Its strategic location near the airport and few minutes away from the city, make it a perfect combination of functionality and comfort. The Bay of Palma is famous for the practice of aquatic sports such as windsurfing, stand up paddle, kayaking, sailing, etc.. Around the hotel, you can rent the necessary equipment for the practice of them. A total of 66 rooms make up this beautiful and comfortable hotel, which has been decorated in a pure contemporary style. An exterior swimming pool as well as free wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a free safety deposit box in the room are also some of the services available. The Restaurant UR Portofino is located inside the hotel. Which offers a wide choice of seasonal Mediterranean cuisine, open to the public, with a separate entrance from the main street. It has its own bar with an outside terrace overlooking the swimming pool and offers guests the chance to enjoy a drink on the terrace at the sunset. The hotel UR Portofino is only a few metres away from the nearest beach and the sea promenade which starts at the yacht club in the city and stretches all the way to Playa the Palma, passing by the Cathedral, and the areas of el Portixol, Molinar, Ciudad Jardin, Can Pastilla and el Arenal. One can take a relaxing long walk, skate or cycle along the promenade or simply sit down by the sea and enjoy the breathtaking views. Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel UR Portofino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ur Portofino Urban Sea
- Hotel UR Portofino Palma De Mallorca, Majorca