Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Araxa Hotel(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Pool
Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Pool
Hotel Armadams(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Pool
Hotel Sercotel Zurbaran(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
AC Hotel Ciutat de Palma(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mirador(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Pool
Hotel Costa Azul(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Pool
All reviewsoverlooking palmaes vigrand deluxe roomst regisspg platinumbeautiful castletapas restauranttennis courtsdowntown palmaclassic roomminute drivepool staffthe general managerindoor poolrooms are spaciouslate checkamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Room rather nice if a little small, same with the bathroom. Spectacular views.. Food very good. Drinks very expensive in my view unnecessarily so, you can walk to a little bar down the road and it's a nicer atmosphere and 1/3 of the price. The people are certainly friendlier. Sunbathing. Forget it if you like privacy. Also nowhere near enough sunbeds. Staff not really that helpful, a little snooty to be honest though there are always exceptions and one or two were really friendly.. If you are a golfer it's probably ok. If you are here to relax and chill you'll struggl, you'll fell like a sardine crammed into a tin. If you go with Prestige holidays you may as well not bother to bring any of these points up. Useless and uninterested.

Room Tip: DOn't get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
ODCGM, General Manager at Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear 46SilverFox,

thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay back in September last year. I am glad to hear that you liked the resort but of course concerned about your comments regarding service.

As almost 6 months have passed since you stayed with us it is difficult for me to follow up exactly, please do feel free to get in touch should you wish to discuss any of the issues you encountered.

I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Best regards,

Oscar del Campo

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The General Manager and its staff are doing an outstanding job. Wonderful old-school European luxury hotel quality service. Very polite, attentive, caring staff, not acting to overwhelming. Always a smile on their face and eager to satisfy the guest and up for a quick chat. Spotless cleaning & well-maintained property. Yes, some parts could be soft renovated, but in this hotel one can see a proper cleaning quality (no scratched fixtures in the bathrooms, spotlessly shining, well maintained furniture). Last but not least, the staff easily goes the extra mile for the guests. Relocating you to a different wing due to construction prior to check-in & receiving a possible complaint, birthday cakes & little treatments for a wow-moment. This is a hardly seen attitude and approach in luxury hotels nowadays. Thank you.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2018

We have stayed at Castillo Son Vida and it was actually the best place we could have booked. The building itself is a 'castillo' and they even have a big tower that looks amazing during the evening. The best part of this place is their immense golf fiend, gardens and a terrace from where you can see the whole city.

First time we got there was super late and couldn't see much of the view, but in the next morning we've had breakfast with this amazing landscape in front of us. Also I have to tell you about the delicious dinner we've had there and as you can see from the pics, it was pretty appealing too. Adrian got lamb ribs and I have tasted the beef that was amazing and well done, as I like it.

Room Tip: I believe the best view is to the golf court.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LarisaCostea
Reviewed 23 January 2018

One of the more interesting hotel stays I've experienced. You don't get to stay in real 13th Century castle decorated with antiques too many often. I am sure it was my first one. While the hotel can be a bit stiff and stuffy both service and the rooms, I still recommend it for the amazing architecture and the most amazing of the island.
The bar is a must. Just get a glass of gin and tonic and enjoy the view. I thought the service wasn't as professional as it could be and I am sure I was the youngest person staying at the place.

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank Mkim1206
Reviewed 31 December 2017

I stayed in a deluxe room on the 8th floor (highest floor) with a splendid view. The room was oversized with a charming wooden ceiling decoration, warm colours and all amenities that you could wish for. The room had a large bathroom with separate shower and bathtub.

The hotel’s occupancy was not high as it was low season, but the bar and 1 of the 2 restaurants were open and all the food that I tasted was excellent. There were friendly staff everywhere and beautiful decorations all over the hotel. The Spa was closed for renovation but a gym was available with a small heated pool/jacuzzi.

I enjoyed my stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida very much and would come back to this beautiful castle any time. All round it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo