I had been backpacking across Europe and decided to "splurge" on a hotel room in order to stay on my own for a few nights. I was used to staying in 6-8 person bedrooms in hostels and, to my surprise, I found Hotel Horizonte to be one of the worst experiences of the trip. I would have preferred to stay in another hostel, to be honest. The deluxe room that I requested had furniture and bedspreads that were 30-40 years old (and likely unwashed), the internet did not work in the rooms, and food outside of the hotel was at least a 15-20 minute walk away and hard to find. This hotel is extremely run-down and reminded me of a very old, rural motel in the US. On a positive note, the pool was really nice, the views of the harbor were incredible, and the staff was very warm and helpful. It would definitely be worth spending the extra money to stay at another nearby hotel or go to the resort area in Magaluf or Palmanova.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Horizonte Free Wi-Fi *** . is a family run Hotel up a hill in Palma managed by brothers Marga and Andreu . We are not the best Hotel in Palma but we work always to improve things day by day . let,s meet ! We offer stunning views of Palma Bay as you can read in TA thats why we always recomend to book our superior rooms with sea view in stead of cheaper ones standard No sea view ( it is really worthy ) Close to the Puerto de Palma Harbour. It features an outdoor pool and rooms with balconies, 2,5 km from central Palma cathedral .All air-conditioned accommodation at the Horizonte has simple, bright décor. Each room comes with satellite TV and private bathroom.The hotel has a buffet restaurant which serves a selection of Mediterranean cuisine and features a terrace, offering Mediterranean Sea views. . The nearest beach is Playa Cala Mayor Beach,2,5 km from the hotel and Palma’s old town can be reached in 20 minutes, by bus. You can find the Porto Pí Shopping Center and Mallorca Casino in a short walk , Pacha Dico . The city’s airport is just 9 km away and the port is a 10-minute walk from the Horizonte. We recomend to use the public bus 46 at 40 mts of the door or use the taxi because of the If any doubts we always recomend you to contact us before you buy your holidays so no surprises will appear in future . We will be glad to answer you all doubts . Be happy Amic ! Marga and Andreu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Amic Horizonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizonte Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Hotel Amic Horizonte Palma De Mallorca, Majorca