All reviewsresidential areatakes approxthe bus train stationroom was cleancity centreminute walksmall balconyrestaurants and barsshort breaknice hotelsoundproofinglobbymicrowavenoiseplacacathedral
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Room was clean and functional with a pleasant balcony. Bathroom and shower were new , spacious and clean. Breakfast was excellent value, served in a pleasant, clean breakfast room. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Hotel was within easy walking distance of the bus and train station, shops, restaurants and bars. Noise could be an issue for some people.

Room Tip: Highest floor possible
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I have just come back from a few nights at this hotel and was unsure about booking it do to the reviews on here as they were very mixed.

The positives:

In the centre of Palma near to the train and bus station for exploring the island
Hot showers
Bed comfortable
Friendly staff

The negatives:

The noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in during all my travels - the soundproofing is non existent and you can hear absolutely everything - doors constantly banging, beds and furniture being scraped across the floor and despite not being next to the lift there was the constant hum of it operating and when it was called a jolt of electricity. I was at the top of the building which I thought would be quieter but unfortunately there appeared to be all the washing machines near my room. I found the only way to make my stay bearable was to have my headphones in and music when I was there and wear silicone earplugs to sleep - even then you can still hear the hum of the lift.

Perhaps I was unfortunate with my room position and I read on previous reviews of a refurbishment being completed on rooms - I hunk my room was yet to be refurbished.

If noise doesn’t bother you then it’s a great base for exploring.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
PepTra, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Abelay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you for your comment.

We are currently reforming all the rooms to avoid precisely those noise problems. When he returns, we hope he does not suffer those annoying noises.

In any case, the reception is constantly open to facilitate a change of room when possible,

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Simple and clean hotel, roughly a 10-minute walk from the city center. Very nice, helpful staff at the reception, did an early check-in for us without any problems. The rooms have an a/c and aren't claustrophobically small, located in a residential area with several supermarkets around. Would recomment if you'd like to stay in Palma for a budget or are staying for a short period of time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This was my 3rd stay at the Abelay in the last 4 years. If you want swimming pools, sun beds & a beach nearby, don't stay here. This is a clean city centre hotel used mostly by single Spanish business people & the occasional couple.
It was exactly what I wanted ... a base to explore the city and to explore the rest of Majorca. Each morning a 15 minute walk took me to the bus station (Estacion Intermodel) where I could get a bus to anywhere on the island.
The reception staff were very friendly and even though their English was limited we managed to communicate. The attached cafeteria was reasonably priced and had an English menu but is closed on Saturday & Sunday.
There is a communal fridge and a microwave available for guests to use which I found very useful as I would have cold drinks when I returned to the hotel after a long day.
For somebody wanting to explore the city this is an ideal base.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Borofan
Reviewed 27 April 2017

There is so much that is good about this 2 Star Hotel. The welcome at reception is warm and friendly. (I would say that most of the clientele appears to be Spanish) Housekeeping do a good job. I ate breakfast in the bar/restaurant just off the lobby, not in the hotel's breakfast room. The breakfast of Scrambled Eggs, some bread and a good coffee; all for €3.50!!! Lunch, Menu Del Dia, a big plate of Paella,as a starter, Meatloaf, sauce and potatoes, plus a beer and coffee or dessert = €9!!!! Lovely food, great value for money too, obviously. Though the waitress could have cracked a smile, she was efficient. The rooms have been refurbished and are clean, if minimal. No information. No suggestion as to how the phone works. The bathrooms are spotless and well equipped. Housekeeping do a good job on refreshing the rooms. The only real drawback, aside from a bit of a walk to the centre of the town, is that there is waaay too much noise throughout the bedroom floors. Housekeeping moving furniture downstairs might well have been in the room!! There was a drone of noise through the radiators at 6am (!!) that just didn't stop. The rads were not on, so I don't know what the sound was. Neither did the night manager. The rooms near the lift shaft could do with some soundproofing. As could the ceilings/floors uphouse. But, it is a nice place to stay. Very reasonably priced, and good value for money at that. Would be happy to stay here again and would recommend it. But, sort out the noise!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floor and away from the lift shaft.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Gonzo185
PepTra, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Abelay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Thanks for the comment.

With the reforms we hope to end the noise