We have now stayed 4 times in this hotel and have had a very good experience each time. It is situated in the Placa Espana so is very central, a stone's throw from the rail and bus transport hub for outward journeys around the island, but is also a short walk away from the tourist attractions, including the magnificent Cathedral, the El Cortes shopping centre and many many good restaurants, both Mallorquin and of other countries. The hotel, an ex-cinema, only has 70 or so rooms and does not seem that big. Rooms are spacious and modern with all facilities, including wi-fi and flat screen TV and mini bar. A couple of loose taps and wall-lights were breaking but were quickly fixed by staff. You can eat either in the hotel's restaurant or in the cafe/bistro and both are good. But the joy of this part of Palma is the close proximity to little side streets and alleys where there are a plethora of bars and restaurants, with prices ranging from the cheap to high-end fine dining. The hotel is easily reached from the airport via a taxi or, more cheaply, by a 2.30 Euro bus ride (route 1) which drops you outside the station hub, 50 yards from the hotel door. We used the hotel at the beginning and end of our holiday so that we had easy access to the airport, but from the transport hub you can catch the old tourist train up North to Soller and the other main trains take you all over this magnificent island (which we did!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida is a modern establishment, which opened its doors in 2009 after being carefully refurbished by the well-known architect Bruno Borrione, member of the Philippe Starck team. The result of his hard work was a perfect balance between comfort and design. The materials used and the great details that went into the conversion of this emblematic building, which originally and since 1942 had been the Cinema Avenida, to the current day UR Palacio Avenida, have led to the hotel being a highly considered boutique hotel in the city.The hotel remains open all year round and offers a personalised service to both businessmen and those who simply wish to enjoy their holidays.Its central location, with direct access to public transport makes it easy to reach any part of the island.A few meters away from the hotel is located the largest public parking of the city and only 300 meters away, is located the Hotel UR Mision de San Miguel where a private parking is available for hotel guests of both hotels (costs apply).The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida has 68 rooms, with extraordinary natural light, views of the centre of Palma de Mallorca and modern furnishing, which cares for the smallest detail.The hotel also offers a coffee shop. Wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a safety deposit box in the room are both free of charge.The modular conference rooms cover a total of 200m2 and have been perfectly designed to meet the needs of any event meeting, banquet, conference or presentation. The modern and comfortably furnished rooms can be divided by mobile panels and are also equipped with internet access, air conditioning, a projector and large screen, and direct access to an exterior terrace which is ideal for coffee breaks.Due to the unique location of the hotel, guests can enjoy the main shopping areas and cultural activities, excursions, golf, restaurants, etc.Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc.For guests who wish a more personalized service Private Concierge is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Prestigia and Expedia so you can book your UR Palacio Avenida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ur Palacio Avenida Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- UR Palacio Avenida Palma De Mallorca, Majorca