All reviews the bus ondaretta beach bus stop right outside hotel old town minute walk best room in the hotel top floor cafe bar small cafe large supermarket dorm room pleasant hotel buffet style funicular railway tea and coffee making facilities close to the hotel months in advance
Reviewed 8 September 2018

I should have read the fine print, I didn't realise this hotel was pet friendly, suffice to say we had a very large dog on our floor continually barking for 2 of the 3 nights I was a guest. I also didn't realise breakfast wasn't available until 7.30 am which I thought was too late particularly as I had early starts for tours. It is only possible to book a superior room on the 7th if you book directly with the hotel - as I booked with booking.com this was not an option for me nor was it offered by staff on arrival at the hotel. Room was very basic - no coffee or tea facilities and for €140 per night I don't think this represented good value. Servicing of the room was hit and miss. One day staff forgot to leave towels! Staff were ok not overly friendly but not unfriendly. Location close to beach and about a 30 min walk from old town. Plenty of cafes in the area and bus stops outside hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelindaB_10
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Had booked directly via the hotel website the one room with huge terrace on top floor and received confirmation for this. There is only one such room and we were really looking forward to our short stay in that room.

Upon check in, they told us the room was not available and they gave us a room on the top floor with a smaller terrace. Guests in the room we orifginally booked had decided to extend their stay and the hotel said yes ... Totally unacceptable.

Although this is a common practice, this behaviour is not honest and for this reason, I will not trust this hotel ever again and will opt for alternatives each time we will visit San Sebastien.

Now, I must admit the room was very nice, the bed very comfortable and we had a great terrace with pleasant and partially obstructed views towards Concha Playa.

It was a major disappointment we did not have what we paid for in the first place but we eventually enjoyed this other room / terrace very much. And after long negociations with receptionaist and front desk management, they offered us the room free. This was a nice gesture aimed at calming us down but we still felt cheated.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Supermercado
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

The Hotel Codina is on a bus route No 5 and 25 stop outside the hotel and for €1,75 takes you to the old town. The food is great the hotel is very new.There is a cafe on the ground floor and a restaurant all well priced.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

This is a very well run and clean 3* hotel. It’s 5 minutes from the beach and the bus to the old town stops rights outside. Ondarreta beach is beautiful and there’s many cool bars and restaurants. We stayed in room 704, wow what a view truly stunning!! We’ll definitely be back to San Sebastián and to Hotel Codina.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara R
Reviewed 25 July 2018

This hotel is located five minutes walk from the beach at the opposite side of the bay to the Old Town. It's very clean and comfortable and reasonably priced for San Sebastian.
The female reception staff were friendly and helpful but the male member was surly and unhelpful. Customer centric training required!
There is a pleasant cafe / bar where the girls behind the bar knew how to prepare the perfect gin and tonic. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
Breakfast taken in the basement was good.
There is no parking at the hotel so we used a manned public underground car park about five or ten minutes walk away.
We enjoyed the walk along the promenade to the Old Town in the evenings. Always something going on.
Recommended.