All reviews roof terrace guggenheim museum le cafe rooftop breakfast premier king white company great location directly across the street jeff koons museum view rooms overlooking old town seventh floor breakfast is served fab hotel no window smart hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sitting right opposite the Guggenheim this is a smart, trendy modern hotel. We got upgraded on arrival so our huge bedroom had the plus of a balcony and bathroom designed by Philip Stark.
7th floor rooftop is great for drinks and eating. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Great stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
EstitxuEtxebarria, Guest Assistant at Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear JMHW,

Thank you very much for choosing our Gran Hotel Domine during your travel plans. We appreciate your time in evaluating your stay with us and for rating us with top score. We are excited to learn that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us! Our remarkable staff of well-trained professionals are dedicated to provide personalized loving care to our guests and assure them an unforgettable experience. Its very encouraging to see that we have been successful!
We look forward to welcoming you soon for another fabulous stay!
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Greate hotel with greate location, but some improvements would make it near perfect. Slack door let some noice from hallway into the room. All breakfast (except som fruite etc.) must ordered from the kitchen since there was no ham, cheese, jam or any buffet breakfast (slow and unessesary stiff in my opinion). No iron and ironing board in the room is not good (this is absolutly required for business travels with the tight suitcases leaving shirts wrinkly). Also, there was no shoe polish machine anywhere, but a friendly straff found some stuff I could use anyway. Slow elevators and only two of them works up to 7th floor where the breakfast and terracce is located). The hotel location is close to Guggenheim (just across the street) and some good restaurants and bars. Good «lobby bar» with friendly staff.

Stayed: August 2018
Guest Assistant A, Guest Assistant at Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

LoveTravel732284,

Thank you for including our Gran Hotel Domine as part of your visit to Bilbao and for investing your time to share your comments with us.
We are delighted to learn that our central location was useful for your sightseeing. Our convenient location puts you exactly where you want to be near shopping, restaurants and main attractions the city offers.

We inform you that our Hotel offers iron and ironing board upon request.

We appreciate your constructive feedback. Your suggestions and comments are a very important tool for us as they enable us to pinpoint our weak areas and improve accordingly to offer our Guest and even better experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The location of this hotel is fantastic, with many rooms overlooking the Guggenheim Museum. After spending a few days in Bilbao, we couldn’t think of a better location to be in - close to all the tourist attractions, but in a lovely open part of the city.

The excellent breakfast (as well as cocktails in the evening) is served on an open-air terrace, with an even better views of the Guggenheim.

Rooms are modern and stylish, and staff friendly.

Can’t fault it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Guest Assistant A, Guest Assistant at Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear robcat7272,

Thank you very much for the trust placed in Gran Hotel Domine during your stay in Bilbao and for the time invested in sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to know that we have fulfilled your expectations and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our privileged location is perfect to discover the main attractions that the city offers. We appreciate your kind words towards our breakfast and cocktails. As you have experienced our delicious breakfast is elaborated with a large carefully selected choice of gourmet products. A full breakfast to start the day right! Our stunning rooftop terrace is one of Bilbao´s most exclusive and distinctive spaces!
We look forward to welcoming you very soon!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Unfortunately we had a terrible experience at this hotel. Reservation was booked through a Luxury collection hotel group with early check in, late check out, upgrades and lunch for 2. We also booked one of the best rooms (king with best views os Guggenheim)We checked in at 6pm and got upgraded to junior suite with the same view. That was appreciated. We were both very sick and running a fever, unfortunately. Next morning was not as good. Both feeling crapy we asked for a late check out (5pm). the receptionist told right away we are fully booked. So I told her that it is not correct. you plenty of rooms left in many categories on your website. Than she called me back to let me know they can do noon. I explained we are sick and did not really to plan to stay in the room but it is the best choice for us(our plane was departing at 7pm). the answer no way. So I asked what about the late check out as part of our rate, again no. next question was what about our lunch. On that note I was told we offer the free lunch on the arrival day. Well that is just plain stupid. Check in is 3;30 pm and the restaurant closes at 3:30 pm. What a great deal for the hotel we will offer you free lunch but than you will not get it. So I finally got the lunch after being upset and the I was offered check out at 2pm. After 2pm they can offer me a 1/2 day rate that will be from 2pm to 5pm and will be 30 Euros off of my daily rate. another nonsense. Where is again the luxury hotel collection client treatment? Not to mention you pay more than the regular rate to have all that! finally we had to move to the worst room they had (no view at all) and pay additional 60 Euros even with late checkout I was was supposed to have. When we were checking out I asked to speak to the hotel GM and seemed very miserable and homophobic ( I really did have a feeling he does not like gay people). He was lacking any empathy (same as the 2 front desk girls). I just told him it was a miserable experience and that I did not really want to tak to him any longer. I will never stay there again and this should be a warning to others

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RomanS1201
KOLDOBIKAS, Director General at Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear RomanS1201,

Let me to disagree in the way you have posted your opinion, by making unfortunate innuendos and using certain inappropriate adjectives of my person, knowing also that you did not even accept to shake my hands when I introduce myself at the hotel. Note that we have contacted Tripadvisor content integrity to complaint about your unfortunate sentence.

Our staff is at the complete disposal of our guests, with the best attitude and professionalism always, and even if the check-out time should be at 12 o’clock we offered you a complimentary late check out until 2 pm. Obviously, to extend your departure beyond that time is necessary to pay an extra fee, as we cannot assign the room to any other guest.

We regret that you did not have the same impression as other travelers.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

This is a high quality hotel in the middle of the city. Service is focused and friendly and the hotel has a very nice fitness room. Super located just next to Guggenheim and the river. Ideal for a morning run next to the river.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Guest Assistant G, Guest Assistant at Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Carlarsen,

Thank you very much for the trust placed in Gran Hotel Domine and for the time invested in sharing your comments.

It has been a true pleasure to welcome you and it is even more flattering to know that we have exceeded your expectations.

We love to know that our priviledged location in front of the Guggenheim Museum has been suitable for your travel requirements and hsa alowed you to enjoy the beauty of our city and to getting fit admiring the beauty of the museum and the river.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again very soon!

Warmest Regards,