“Very Good but can be noisy”

Silken Reino de Aragon Hotel
Ranked #16 of 79 Hotels in Zaragoza
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Great location within easy reach of most of the main attractions. Nice that it had an underground car park that got our car off the street. Beware if you have a big car, however, the car park is a bit tight. The rooms were very stylish, clean & comfortable & had a nice supply of toiletries in the bathroom. Unfortunately there was no tea/coffee making facilities. Comfortable bed. Even though we overlooked the side street, there was lots of street noise at night & the double glazing did little to cut it down. Fortunately we'd read Trip Advisor reviews that this was the case, so came armed with ear plugs that meant we slept well. Breakfast was OK, nothing special but good enough to start the day off. Didn't eat in the hotel in the evening as it was quite expensive but its not easy to find places that look decent & aren't doing tapas. Had a good meal at the Hotel Tibur, right outside the Caesaraugusta Forum Museum in Plaza de La Seo. Staff at the silken reception were quite friendly & helped us get our bearings in the town. Assuming people would be comfortable sleeping in ear plugs, then I'd recommend it & stay here if we came to Zaragoza again.

Room Tip: Take your ear plugs
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

We picked this hotel without a reservation for its location first. What a great choice.
As it happened, it was fiesta night in Zaragoza and we found ourselves right in the middle of the action. Room was comfortable, clean and quiet, even though the streets were teaming with revealers all night long.
I parked the rented car one block away while my wife and I went into the lobby and inquired about a room.
While my wife was checking in, I went to the car and the plan was for me to park in their garage and head for the room. All I needed was 2 right turns and there the hotel is. As it turned out, the street was just blocked and I went straight to go one more block. The streets were being barricaded for a parade and I ended up taking an unscheduled tour of the city. What was a small, quaint city grew and grew as the sun went down. I didn’t take a card from the front desk therefore didn’t know the name of the hotel and my wife had my passport and we had no cell phones. After a 2 ½ tour of viewing the various fiesta venues, I found the hotel and found my wife waiting for me on the sidewalk. The hotel staff was helpful and even contacted the police just in case I had an accident. The staff kept checking with my frantic wife all along and helped here wait. After our reunion, we went out of the front lobby and joined the fiesta with the rest of the crowd. It was a the best fiesta ever.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigLou60
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We booked for Silken Zentro but we were relocated to Silken Reino de Aragon. Too bad. We liked the Zentro better, because the modern atmophere appeals to us much more.
Besides that, there was not much wrong with Reino de Aragon, Silken is fine chain of hotels. But Wifi did not have a very strong signal. And we were situated at streetside at first, because of the noise I asked for another room and got it indeed.
The hotel is too warm, a problem which more hotels have.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phutjens
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Some windows are a bit small and some staff don't understand English. But everything else is really OK : nice lobby, 2 lifts, excellent (really big choice!) breakfast, clean rooms with everything you need, decent beds, and a nice central location for visiting the city.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 21 May 2008

I visited this hotel last October during a conference. The overall experience was very nice. The rooms are very clean, modern and spacious. Also the staff is very friendly (although it is quiet difficult to communicate in english) as it is in the whole country I suppose). Breakfast was also very nice and the location of the hotel is great. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)