“Excellent, qyiet, good value”
Review of Samurai

Samurai
Ranked #574 of 3,087 Restaurants in Seville
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2016

My wife and I had dinner here on a Sunday evening. The restaurant opens at 8.30 pm, and we were the first customers - but within half an hour there were another twenty or so people sitting at the tables. The place is clearly popular.

The decor is a blend of modern minimalist and traditional Japanese. The atmosphere is quiet, no loud music, no loud groups; perfect for conversation.

We ordered beer and wine, one gyoza, one mixed sashimi plate, one bowl of fried rice, and two miso soup, followed by two coffees. Everything was perfectly prepared and the service was swift and attentive. We were also given a complimentary starter, and two small cups of sake at the end. The bill was very reasnable - just 33 euros. All in all, a very pleasant experience, which we are sure to repeat.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

The food was okay. Not really special. There were lots of customers but there were only two employees. I had waited for my food for 30 minutes while my boyfriend had already finished his meal, waiting for me. The employees didn't care about customers' needs. They were too busy serving food, taking orders. And when my food finally was served, the rice was missing. So we needed to waited for another 20 minutes for the employees coming to us then another 20 minutes for my rice. It's not worthwhile at all to pay the amount for this kind of service. I am not here wasting my time and money. And the food is not really Japanese anyway either. Will not recommend to come here. But if you just want to take a try of Japanese food and you have plenty of time and patience, don't hesitate it.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

We went to Japan last year, so would say that this restaurant is easily as good as one might expect in a town like Seville, and if you like Japanese food, this is definitely worth a visit. We took away the leftovers and had them for lunch the next day.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The menu is broadly Japanese and contains what at first glance appears to be an enticing range of Sushi. However, upon further inspection, some of the items are a cross between unpleasant and odd (e.g. the beef-and-cheese-roll which I suggest you avoid at all costs).

Sadly some of the more interesting Sushi was unavailable (as best we were able to understand from the waitress who didn't seem terribly interested and spoke terrible Spanish!) - and what we did order was firstly HUGE (making it really hard to eat - pieces of Sushi should fit in your mouth, really) and in most cases, very sweet.

Not good - we'll stick to Japo next time!

3  Thank M-In-Jersey
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We went to this place after hearing good things about it from friends, boy , were we in for an unpleasant surprise. The place was packed, it was a sunny afternoon. The entrees were edible, in fact, not terrible, however, the fried rice was definitely not Japanese style.
The sushi was substandard. It was obvious that the rice used was not sushi rice, it was sticky, sweet and the sushi were the wrong size. Not cool.
Oh, also, the green tea ice cream tasted like vanilla, with green food colouring.
Positives- menu del dia is cheap, however drinks not included. The ton katsu was pretty nice.

In conclusion, if you are a fan of sushi, I wouldn't recommend this place. But, if you are a fan of cheap lunch and don't know the difference between Chinese and Japanese food, its OK, I suppose.

3  Thank Tony_Moses