“Avoid, avoid until they sort out the bedbugs”

Hotel un Patio en Santa Cruz
Ranked #113 of 175 Hotels in Seville
Ireland
“Avoid, avoid until they sort out the bedbugs”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed there one night last week - the prices were already racked up because of the Feria - I found a dead insect on my bedspread (which, when i googled upon my return home, turned out to be a bedbug, i didn't recognise it when i saw it first in the hotel room). There were old dried blood stains on the top of the bedspread and generally the cleanliness was not up to scratch. Since i've come home i've been getting bitten and am now going to have to pay for a pest control company to sort out the problem. Management really need to get this sorted.

And i've learnt to never never never go to a hotel without checking it out online or on tripadvisor first... be warned.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Mary T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dublin
Reviewed 20 April 2012

If only I would have checked with tripadvisor before trusting a well known guidebook from Down Under. I planned a three night stay. After checking in to an extremely stuffy, small room I went to bed. The following morning I discovered rows of bedbug bites on my calves along with small blood stains on the sheets. When I informed the staff they became hostile and I was told that the hotel was cleaned daily and I must have brought the bedbugs into the hotel in my bags. I asked for a refund for the rest of my stay (2 nights) and directions to a laundromat. I was refused a refund and they ignored my laundromat question. I spent half a day looking for one and ended up using the laundry service in my next hotel which was costly. In all my years of travelling I have never been treated as badly as I was there. Do yourself a favour and check tripadvisor before choosing a hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank liam_devlin_5
CostaRica
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The room was extremely small, the bed really uncomfortable, the pillows full of lumps, the A/C did not work during the night, so there was NO air circulation at all. Had to open the window but it was so cold outside it was impossible, so we closed it, and ended up all sweaty and barely slept at all. The tile grouts of the shower were full of mold. The only nice thing is the patio. We payed 95 euros for the room which we thougt was a scam. We stayed in many places during our trip and this was the worst! Our room was on the third floor, and there was loud bangings with the patio chairs, maybe other guests, and it also disrupted the little sleep we had.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mariacostarica
PatioSantaCruz, Director General at Hotel un Patio en Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 10 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving your comment on trip Advisor. We are sorry to hear about all the inconveniences you went through during your stay. Although let me make clear that it has been surprising to hear about the conditions the bed and pillows were in, even the tile grouts which have been redone gradually throughout each rooms bathroom; never had we had this problem before, especially in one of our Double Attic rooms.

As for the pricing, due to it being in April when you stayed with us, this is one of high seasons we have during the year in Seville as a result of this there is a raise in pricing, not only in our hotel but in the majority of tourist related activities.

In any matter, we would lie to be granted a second chance if possible to make it up to you and be able to offer you a better service all together.

Best regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We must have ended up in the same room as Avi31 as the room as tiny and very stuffy
and the bed shock violently every time we sat or lied on it. We asked to be given another room but as the hotel was fully booked during our stay, this was impossible. Reception did send a handyman to "repair" the bed. Result was an only slightly more stable bed than we had inititally. We dealt with it for the 2 nights we were there but did not get much sleep as subconsciously, we expected the bed to break at any moment. The lack of air did not make it easier to fall and stay asleep. You will certainly get MUCH better value for your money elsewhere in Sevilla so DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank omorare
Dear guests,

We thank you for placing your comment on Trip Advisor. In relation with the bed, we are sorry but we had no knowledge of the conditions the bed was in, over time things tend to deteriorate and to the eye it did not seem it was in such bad conditions as you say; but be sure we would never give out a bed which could have any risk of causing any damage by breaking while being used.

As for the rooms air circulation, every rooms comes equipet with at least one double window toward the inner patio in case the rooms central thermostat were not to be enough.

Again we are sorry for the inconveniences and wished we could get a second chance to try and make you change your mind about your experience in staying with us.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 2 April 2012

i made my reservation by phone for a 4 night stay. in lonley planet it is described as very clean. first the wanted to give me a room right to the reception desk what i refused. finaly i had a room with a small window to the court yard. the room was dark and very hot inside. and the floor was full of hair of different size and colour, even in my bed. in the corner there was a used adhesive tape! i left the hotel 2 nights later, cause there was a 4 cm big cockroach in my bathtube! i payed 60 euro for each night! its not worth at all, too dirty and too expensive!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank sautermathis
PatioSantaCruz, Director General at Hotel un Patio en Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear guests,

In first place, we would like to thank you for taking the time in posting you comment on Tripadvisor.

We would like to express our concern in the amount of problems you had to go through whilst staying with us. We are very sorry about all the inconveniences, but rest assure that we are as shocked as you with everything we are hearing, it is a big surprise for us also due to that these things rarely happen, in terms of hygiene.

As for the room temperature, it may be adjusted by using the air-conditioning which is essential to any hotel room in Seville, due to the temperatures that can be reached here.

Again thank you for your comment, it will help us to do better and reassure ourselves and double check the conditions of the rooms that are to be used. Like I said it is something that isn’t common here at all.

We also would like to invite you back to our hotel for a second chance to demonstrate what we really are capable of offering besides an extraordinary location in relation with the center of Seville which you probably found very practical and usefull.

Best regards,