“Great location for exploring the city”

Hotel Convento La Gloria
Ranked #100 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 23 October 2010

The hotel was extremely well placed for exploring the centre of Seville and the main tourist attractions. Staff were helpful with good recommendations for restaurants and help booking activities. The room was fairly compact but very clean and nicely decorated. The hotel itself is really quirky with lots of old paintings and beautiful decor. Breakfast was fairly average, but plenty of it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kc131
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Convento La Gloria

Reviewed 14 October 2010

great little b&b almost than a hotel, because its small and charming, in comparisons to say the westin or any big chains.
hotel is in the center of seville and is 2 minutes away from the cathedral.
we spent 3 nights there.
staff were helpful to ask directions, the breakfast was included into the price of the room.
overall a good stay.
maybe it was because of our room, but it was noisy at nights up until 3 or 4 am and then at 7 am the construction at some near by shop would start.
kind of annoying but we woke up early for the day either way.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ant0shka
Reviewed 5 October 2010

A very interesting, clean hotel. Staff were polite and friendly, and the breakfast was amazing. However, one experience right at the death left a bad taste in my mouth.

We asked the lady on reception to order us a taxi to the airport. When we arrived at the airport, the taxi driver charged us 27 euros for the short trip. Our journey into Seville at the start of our trip cost us 23 euros, and I was sure we were scalped then.

I raised the exorbitant fare with the driver, but he claimed that 15 euros of the fare was becasue he'd picked us up from the hotel. If this was the case, the lady who booked the taxi for us should have made us aware of this at the time of the booking.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tharg76
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights on arrival in Spain and would certainly do so again. Very central, two minutes to the Giralda, nice furnishings, really good breakfast. And also very nice helpful staff who were happy, for example, to look up train times etc for us. Probably if you are rude and presumptuous they get the hump - who wouldn't. Rooms a bit cell like - but hey, it used to be a convent...

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Uncle_Gareth
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Enchanted by the photos, great location and stellar reviews, I booked this hotel for two nights for an engagement trip with my fiance. We asked for a double bed and were told they had only two twin beds our first night, but would move us into a room with a double bed the second night.

On the second morning, when we brought our bags down to switch rooms, the manager became angry. He said I knew perfectly well that I had reserved a room with two beds and now I was angling for an upgrade and he refused to give us a different room. (It was even written on his reservation clipboard that he had several double rooms available.)

When I insisted, he called me a rude name.

When I said I'd like to leave the hotel and asked for a refund for the second night, he refused again, saying it was my choice to leave.

When I asked for his name, he refused again.

It was only when I found out his name from a cafeteria employee and threatened to write a negative online review that he agreed to refund my money for the second night and apologized for his rudeness. Clearly he was only motivated by fear of bad publicity, not a conscience or any concept of customer satisfaction.

Our stay here was a deep disappointment. And with hundreds of similarly priced options literally 50 meters away, I recommend booking elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple