All reviews orange wine old town busy road spanish omelette complimentary coffee moorish style tapas narrow streets inner courtyard lovely little hotel lots of character chain hotel good size reception area air conditioning minute walk yogurt
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon Hotel Abanico during our stay in Seville. It was a Rick Steve's recommendation and we could see why. Sergio and Juan Miguel are top notch concierges. They were very helpful and are fluent in many languages.

We came during the Easter processionals of Holy Week and they told us where to stand and what time to be there in order to get the best viewing. Since several processionals come right down the street, we were able to stay inside until the last minute then they gave us chairs to take and sit right outside the door. It was so convenient and exciting.

Staying in old town Seville can be confusing because the streets are difficult to navigate even with a map, but I would highly recommend it.

The only negative with this stay was that the building is too old to have internet in the rooms, it is in the lobby only. But, I was able to get a signal from the 1st floor balcony.

Room Tip: If you are going during Holy Week, ask for a room on the street side where the processional will go past.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy S
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Abanico a great place to stay for Semana Santa. Several processions right by the front door, and most can be viewed within a 10-15 minute walk. The front desk staff very helpful with the procession routes, times, viewing locations, as well as anything else you might need.

Rooms are relatively small, with little storage space, but pretty much par for the course for a small Spanish hotel. Bed was comfy. Good hot water, and room very clean. Temperature is not directly controlled - there's an on/off for cool air, but it pretty much is kept off during the day, on in the evening. So the rooms can be chilly at bedtime, and warm by midday. Not a huge deal for us, but less than optimal. The room was very quiet, little street noise and only occasionally could hear the middle of the night procession bands, faintly.

Breakfast I thought was super - lots of choices, albeit not too many hot options. But fresh fruit most days, yogurts, pastries and breads, meat and cheeses. And the coffee machine is available most of the day, and is pretty good.

The public spaces of the hotel are nice, especially if you need to spend time doing any work activities or writing. The internet connection doesnt drop, but the speed is not particularly fast - and i think fluctuates based on the number of users. Not high speed but good enough for email.

Would stay here again!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ThomasR312
Reviewed 16 April 2017

A very nice little hotel within walking distance of the sights of downtown Seville. The hotel is nothing fancy,, but has a distinct and charming look. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The breakfast was OK, but nothing special. We had construction workers starting up next to our room at 0800 hrs on a weekday. The work was not connected to the hotel and only affected a couple of rooms (we had 104 I think). We were getting up anyway, so it wasn't an issue. The cab ride from the airport was 25 euros and taxis go by the front door frequently. We stayed there 4 days total and would do so again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PamboMaryland
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Great locale in Santa Cruz within walking distance of most tourist attractions. Lots of character and friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again should I be fortunate enough to return to Seville.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Started off ok. We had a large room on an upper floor, two singles and a day bed for my 18 year old and I. Old building so things a bit musty. I had a complaint the next day on the state of our room on checkin and I was met with disbelief. I wish I never said anything. I rarely actually complain to a proprietor, but this was a significant matter. We paid for breakfast in the morning and we could have done better outside the hotel for less money. We had to leave luggage for a few hours and when we returned, we were told to just stand outside and wait for a taxi, the hotel would not call one for us. This seemed really unfriendly and strange. In the end, very glad I got the room on a flash sale price.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family