“Good Value!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Maestranza
Ranked #108 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 10 July 2017

A perfectly stereotypical European hotel, and at the price of 88€ a night, its a bargain! We stayed for 2 nights in lovely Sevilla, I wish I had stayed another night! Due to traffic, it was about 10€ for a taxi ride from the train station. I'll mostly likely stay here again, unless my income significantly increases in the next few years...probably not.

PROS:
-Small but clean room and bathroom.
-Friendly English speaking staff. They also understood my crappy Spanish.
-Walking distance to almost all of Sevilla's attractions, but just far away enough from the main tourist areas.
-Walking distance to some real local restaurants and shopping.
-1€ beer cans from the vending machine...so convenient!
-Tram is just a block away, and best way to get to the Plaza de Espana.
-Air Conditioning! The highs were 95 degree during our visit! :(

CONS:
-Uncultured ignorant Americans might find the room too small. (Note: I am American too!)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John P

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Great location - less than 5 minutes from Cathedral. Room facilities great - aircon, wifi etc. Very clean and bed comfortable. Hotel has no catering facilities i.e. bar or restaurant. But within 50m there are several bars and restaurants. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Let me "shout out" how absolutely amazing front desk staff Ana & Elena were during my stay. I had a slight mishap with my car and these 2 ladies treated me and my incident like I was family! For what reason? NONE! They are simply the right people in the right job! Thank you!
The hotel has an excellent location and secure underground parking a few buildings along. €20 p/d a little steep but happy to have it so close. Loved the ground floor bedroom and the local restaurant just outside the hotel. It really feels like you're staying in a true locals only area as the tourist buzz and nighttime rowdiness is a couple of streets away. Access to so many of the sites within a short walk (river,old town sites, bull ring).
Take the time to rent bicycle and peddle the sites and the river boardwalk!
Vicki
Sydney
Australia

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I stayed in Seville for two days to photograph a wedding. This was the perfect spot--English-speaking staff, central location, secure, comfortable. I slept well in the bed, and there was a lot of good light in the room. The room was quite small, but for just me, it was pleasant.

My only complaint was the showerhead, which was a wand attached to the wall loosely. When I turned the water off, the pressure change would jerk the hose and the wand would crash down onto the bath floor or onto my head. Fortunately it wasn't heavy, but it certainly was annoying.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We chose this hotel as it was in the old centre of Seville, the right place from which to start our walking explorations. That’s exactly what we got: perfect location – walk out the front door of the hotel and one is ready to set off on foot. Arriving by car was painful: the narrow, pedestrian-filled side streets. However we eventually made it to the hotel, stopped outside, unloaded the cases then put the car in a secure car park about 50m along the street for €20 per night. After staying in Malaga, Granada and Cordoba where each night cost €55-85; we were very disappointed to arrive here and pay €115 per night for a box-sized room. To move around the room we needed to put all our cases away inside the wardrobe and shuffle past each other. I asked if we could change but Reception said all rooms were full and besides, of similar size. Bathroom clean, very small and no bidet, unusual especially at these prices. Our room was on the second floor and the wifi was weak. The staff were friendly and helpful; giving directions, suggestions and printing our boarding passes on the morning of departure. I regret choosing this hotel because of the very small room, felt like a budget room but not budget prices. However the location was great.

Room Tip: If you are willing to have a very small hotel bedroom for €100+ per night, then stay here as the loc...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Maestranza, Director de Recepción at Hotel Maestranza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for pointing out our location right in the heart of the city. We are sorry you found our hotel pricey but rates vary from town to town depending on the dates of stay (we are sure you compared our rates with other hotels in Seville before you made the reservation) and in Seville it was high season at that time (demand/offer law).

Our double rooms are 12 square meters minimum as advertised both in our official website and major online travel agencies (Booking.com and alike) so you could not be expecting a bigger room (same for the bathroom). Wi-Fi weak? We will review our systems although no other guest have complaint about it; sometimes the problem is the device itself (depending on how old it is, the wifi standard (a/b/n/g) supported and the frequency (2.4GHz or 5GHz) used) and not the wifi network.