All reviews bull ring plaza nueva great location single room simple hotel the upper floors stayed longer staff was very friendly and helpful perfect stay bars and restaurants air conditioning tucked away old town charming hotel on foot stayed for nights street
Reviewed 4 January 2017

we were staying here during NYE and some days. the location is very good, in walking distance of everything. but for the price of € 96,50 per night the hotel is pricey. the rooms are simple with old beds. the bathroom is small and the rooms are very noisy. we needed ear plugs all the time.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Folkwin
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We checked into this hotel this month. They put us in a room I could only call a service room. Directly outside the lift, horrible interior not like the pictures. Faulty fittings. Dirty pillows and sheets with hair on them dust everywhere and some dirt in the sink truly unbelievable for the price we payed. We complained straight away and rang booking. They told us they were fully booked and could not move us until the next day.

They moved us the next day no problem except a room with 2 single beds and a loud exterior.

I cannot believe this hotel gets away with putting people in rooms that look nothing like what we booked. They did not even offer a refund or discount for having to stay one night in that horrible room. My girlfriend who suffered from a dust mite allergy could barely breathe that night.

Only good thing about the place is the poor girls on reception who have to deal with these problems they do a very good job well done.

The manager and owner should be ashamed.

Never book this place. I would have changed my mind if they offered a discount or refund of the first night because I can find a better hostel for 10euro a night not 100.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aaron S
Hotel_Maestranza, Gerente at Hotel Maestranza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Our polite reply: We are really sorry we did not meet your expectations. What we really meant to say: None of the things you say about our rooms are true (are other reviewers wrong?) but we really would have liked to have had the opportunity to put matters right either at the time of your visit, or subsequently in response to any FAIR complaint. However, following your publicly critical review on TripAdvisor, this is now more difficult to achieve, especially since you were only trying to get one night free. Good luck at the next hotel.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

My husband and I traveled all around Spain in the month of October. I booked our flight and hotels many months in advance based on reviews from other travelers. We did not choose overly pricey places but we looked for clean, well-kept rooms in the middle range for each city. I have to say out of all the places we stayed in Spain at a similar price range, this place was extremely over priced for the type of room we received. We did not have the same experience as the positive reviews. I wouldn't call this place "clean".

Our train from Granada ran late and we arrived to the hotel close to 9:30PM at night. The hotel only had one room left which we were unfortunate to get on the 2nd floor right next to the elevator. Upon arrival, the night was warm and the windows were open in our room. The hotel advertises that it has Air Condition (AC). I cannot sleep in hot rooms and I specifically went out of my way to find and reserve hotels that had working AC's. Sadly this room had an AC but it was broken and leaked large amounts of water on the floor. I told the receptionist and she told me that a maintenance person would come out to look at it. At this point, my husband and I decided to go out to dinner. We decided to put a towel on the floor under the leaking AC to prevent the water from going every where. When we returned the AC was turned off again and maintenance person had simply opened the windows. Turning off the AC isn't considered fixing the problem. The bathroom had mold all around the bathtub and the ceiling above the shower head had a huge mold stain from a leak in the room above our floor. The shower curtain had pink mold growing on it. To top it off, when we got ready to go to sleep, we pulled back the covers to discover our bed had sheets with large old stains on it. Doesn't make sense why they would reuse those sheets. Lastly, we were positioned right next to the elevator and we could hear everyone leaving and coming in and out of the hotel as if they were in our room. We told the receptionist and she was very nice but she could not move us to another room.

In the end, we booked a room at another hotel that was a 1000 times better, clean, and had a working AC. We still had to pay for 3 nights at this hotel because they refused to let us cancel our room reservation, even though we didn't stay there. If I could have given the hotel negative stars I would have. I have stayed at hostels nicer than this place. Stay away.....

Room Tip: Don't book here. Period!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank HEshaq
Reviewed 23 October 2016

This hotel has only one star, but a very high rating. The hotel is in a very popular zone, next to many restaurants, cafeterias and bars, 5 minutes from the cathedral, clean, and with a very kind staff. there is no breakfast or parking, so what. With a good advice from the staff we found a parking just after the corner (20 euro for one day) and had breakfast near the hotel. Good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We had a room with 2 twin beds (we knew ahead of time) since that's all that was available. Room was clean, very small, but had everything that was needed. Toiletries and hairdryer in the bathroom. Hotel staff was friendly. There was a fair amount of noise, both from outside (restaurants etc...) and inside (other rooms) but thankfully it did quiet down in the evening. There is an elevator/lift but it was incredibly slow, much faster to take the stairs, but helpful if you have a lot of luggage. In my opinion, a very basic hotel, but the location made up for it. Easy walking distance to tons of great restaurants and cafes and the cathedral. Seville is an awesome city and has a great vibe. This location was perfect for exploring the city!

There is no restaurant on site and no fridge or coffee maker in the room, but there are a ton of great restaurants/cafes within a 1-5 minute walk.

Room Tip: A room away from the front street would likely be quieter
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple