“Unfriendly staff” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 179 Hotels in Seville
Vilamoura
“Unfriendly staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We got a last minute deal and the price was cheaper, but even so the room they gave us was very small and had only a small window, facing a wall. it was like an interior room. It was clean. The receptionist wasn't friendly! the location is very good, as it is not in the Casco Antiguo neigborhood, but it is on the other side of the avenue were the Avenida de la Constitucion starts and we parked for free near by. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Coimbra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The room was really bad. there was no any window to outside. Ask them a room to have a outside view. air-conditioner was off! you should ask to turn it on!
It Was not clean!
But it's located in a good place to visit the city.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kamrad
adelaide
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

We spent two nights at the Hotel Alcazar. We were travelling by car and managed to find the hotel in busy Seville, but locating the car parking facilities available for guest parking was another matter altogether. The instructions provided by the hotel reception appeared to be straightforward, but when negotiating the streets and traffic beyond the hotel, missing a vital turning resulted in a nightmare. The parking spaces were located in a separate facility hidden away a few streets behind the hotel. The underground access was extremely narrow and it took some manoeuvreing to park the mid-size car into an extremely tight space – phew! Needless to say, this exciting prelude to our stay at the Hotel Alcazar managed to raise our frustration level significantly, especially as we were having to pay for the privilege.
The hotel accommodation was satisfactory and the continental buffet breakfast provided in the dining room was uninspiring. The hotel’s main attraction was that it was ideally situated - opposite the Murillo Gardens and within walking distance to the major attractions, the Alcazar, Giralda, Seville Cathedral. The reception staff were helpful in providing directions to the various venues and also helping us find our way out of Seville.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

Overall, this hotel was adequate but nothing spectacular. First, I should mention that the original room we were given was tiny, smelled like a dirty sock drawer and had someone else's car keys in the room but no luggage (?a staff member's nap room?). We promptly asked for another room and were given another room that was larger and had a faint smell of smoke but otherwise was fine. The room has old furnishings but had adequate space and the bathroom was relatively spacious. The a/c was adequate but gets turned off overnight sometime. Although it was mid-June, this was not a problem since the temperature drops significantly into the 70 range overnight, but for those who like their room colder, just be aware. The beds were a bit firm. I can't comment on room noise overnight since I slept with ear plugs and slept soundly (I'm usually a very light sleeper). Overall, I would stay here again for the right price, but would probably also explore other options since I didn't totally love this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kidlid21
cmtjones
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

Well, the shortcomings of the view of a brick wall, paper thin walls, one electric socket, one english news channel, rubbish breakfast, very noisy corridors at night, no fridge, no safe, downright rude imcompetent reception staff was only the start of the alcazar experience.

On arrival reception pushed a note pad at me to sign, my fault I should have read it, I thought I was "signing in".. wrong - I was relieving the hotel of any responsibility of my personal items.

I was not quick enough to get my money into the communal safety deposit box located in the basement of the hotel. The following evening I returned to my room Number 610 and make use of the safety deposit box, and to my horror a lump sum of money 10 £20 notes sterling had been taken from the drawer of the tv dresser. I was struck rigid with fright.

I immediately reported this to reception who used every trick in the book to distance themselves from this theft to the extent "no staff member takes money from guest room" "we dont employ any who takes money" "english money is no good to spanish person",

In the same period of time someone else accessed my room, and changed the bed and towels. So someone on planet earth at random was lucky to pick Room 610, without breaking in, chancing the room wasnt occupied, and riffled through my stuff, and took £200 - fact. How lucky the thief could see through walls.

It was not possible to get an explanation from reception as to how access to a guest's room is possible without an inhouse key, I was met with sheer indifference and defiance.

Outright refusal to investigate or contact the police. After 2 hours I eventually completed an inhouse report, reported crime to police, phone calls which I was charged for. The first time in 30 years I didnt have a safe, I accept I was slow off the mark, I have a massive problem with the total indifference and denial whenf theft is at large, they attempt to cover up with pretending selective language difficulties. They did everything possible to be obstructive, what does this say as to care and committment to customer. Absolute refusal to contact higher management.

Hell would freeze over before I would return here, and I honestly hope no one goes there, its way over priced, nothing special at all, dont chance it,, book somewhere else its costs less in the long run. It totally ruined my holiday.

Room Tip: Unsafe and Stolen Property