“Great location, nice design...but not perfect”
Review of EME Catedral Hotel

EME Catedral Hotel
Ranked #51 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a long weekend in March, and arrived a night for a wonderful drink with a view, at the trendy and crowded rooftop terrace. The room was a bit small, but with two showers, modern TV, free wifi and minimalist decor, we were happy. The unhappy part was when the noise from the street was so loud we couldn't sleep, despite the double glass doors (that are not as sound-proof as they look). Earplugs took car of that, and we woke up to a beautlful day and a wonderful breakfast!

I concur with another review that stated a problem with non-functioning drains...we had a similar situation, but it was manageable.

Wehen asking for restaurant recommendation, we were sent to two that were closed (OK, it was a long weekend, but they should know, or at least check beforehand).

Overall, amazing location, cool design but could be much better.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Entering the modern, clean lined lobby, perfectly located, and being greeted by 3 of the most attractive early 20's people on earth, I said to myself, alright. I over looked the fact that the one who checked me in couldn't tell me where on the city map the major sights were.
When I returned to my room after lunch for a post travel siesta, I noticed that the enchanting music from outside was still in full bloom. When I layed down on my bed and looked at the tall marble wall on the right I noticed the polished marble had a mirror effect and I could see out onto the patio above through an angled skylight...and people on the patio could see into my room/bed. When I called to ask about a sight barrier, my call was misinterpreted and I was told the music only played until 1 am. So, I requested a different room.
Another Venus came to the room, and after one room in between, brought me to the fine room I kept. BTW, there's free Internet, except it didn't work for my 2 day stay. They are going to work on it.
I asked directions that evening to a restaurant 5 blocks away and was drawn a figure 8. When I requested a google map directions search and showed the guest service person how to do that, it was more of a check mark route (those Spanish streets).
The shower was in one of those undivided bathrooms, which I like. But, the drains weren't large enough and by the time both my wife and I showered, the water was rising almost into the bedroom. The sink in the bedroom overflowed when the stopper slid closed. There was no way to pull it up as when I put my hand into the sink the water overflowed more.
The rooftop patio was nice. Breakfast was nice. The girls and boys at the front desk were nice.
This place needs a good manager, keep and train the staff, change the manager. Pay attention to minor physical plant issues. And, put a drape between the skylight and the bedroom.

Room Tip: Noisy rooms, avoidable inconveniences, untrained, beautiful staff.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spinner1123
Reviewed 13 April 2012

If you are one for modernity this is the hotel for you. And even if you are not this could be an opportunity to take the chance and immerse yourself in clever minimalism and smart design. The hotel is well situated for Sevilla sightseeing and is an excellent location to see the Semana Santa pageants during Holy week. The staff are young, friendly and professional. The buffet breakfast has variety and quantity, and the hotel tapas restaurant serves innovative, reasonably priced modern tapas.
However, if stairs are a problem for you then you should know that many of the rooms are accessed by a few stairs (after arriving on your foor in the elevator), and the restaurants, bars, pool, roof terraces all have stair access.

Room Tip: All rooms The rooms are quite dark with a lot of black glass and minimalist lighting. Request a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is a great hotel , ideally situated for the wonderful sites for the tourist. It is very well appointed and the staff are professional and very friendly. We were their for Holy week and whilst not into this sort of thing , it was fascinating to see the processions go past the hotel.
The rooms are very nice and I asked for a room at the back to get away from the church bells. you can still hear them but they did not keep us awake as they seem quieter at night. The comnfort of the hotel is very good and the room had a large bath and seperate shower room. The bed was comfy but there was not much natural light. This didnt matter too much and can understand why given the layout of the hotel. It is very much boutique with decor and room appointment to match.
It could do with room service but the bar on the roof is excellent but service quite slow.
The main downside was the spa. It is an excellent facility but the treatments were poor. This must improve to make any impression in this market.. In all this hotel is very good, ideally situated and has excellent staff.

Room Tip: Try and choose your room carefully. At the front for views of the Catherdal at the back for less sou...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights. Great location, very central, right by the cathedral (room view on The Giralda!) Young staff, multi-lingual, very receptive. Manager very tech-savvy: fixed my access to Internet! Good buffet breakfast (at the usuary European hotel price of 20 Euros though!) Room large enough - shower and cabinet in separate room from rest of bathroom. Rooftop bar very trendy and well-frequented (to the wee hours...) - offers probably best view in Sevilla unto the cathedral and its landmark tower!
Had stayed a few years back at the Las Casas del Rey de Baeza, which was equally excellent and probably more intimate, still in the older part of Sevilla but definitely less centrally located.
Had decided to stay there when I had found out that the Alfonso XIII hotel was temporary close for renovations - did not come to regret my choice!

Room Tip: if tourism has an attraction for you, ask for a room with a view on the Giralda, at the front. (we d...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business