Located on Calle de Santa Isabel la Real in El Albaicin this Hotel is simply wonderful. It's an easy walk down to the Gran Via, the Cathedral and town center as well as a short stroll to San Nicholas in El Albaicin. For travelers who need a bit of help coming back up from town there is bus service which leaves you a few feet from the Hotel's front door.
Take a right turn out the front door and a few yards' walk finds you in a plaza with several restaurants for an afternoon cerveza, wine or tapas. A left turn out that door and a 5-10 minute walk takes you to San Nicholas with incredible early morning and sunset views of Alahambra and Generalife.
Our room, which overlooked a concrete plaza, was quiet and offered the free "entertainment" of watching young locals congregate, skateboard, juggle and play music.
Breakfast was extensive and would satisfy most continental breakfast needs.
The Hotel staff was extremely helpful in every way.
Two suggestions: 1. Consider buying a 10 ride Credibus card for the bus. It requires a 2 Euro refundable deposit but it is so convenient and significantly reduces the unit price of a ride. Note that any credit on the card is not refunded so buy this only if it will be used. 2. If a taxi is needed from the Hotel first try flagging one from the street. If you "reserve" a taxi, charges begin when the taxi starts its journey from City Center. When we reserved ours we incurred a 6 Euro charge before even stepping into the cab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a restored house from the XVI century. It is situated on the main street of the historical neighbourhood of the Albaizyn ( Granada), five minutes walking distance from the city centre. It is surrounded by gardens and different monuments such us the Monastery of Santa Isabel la Real, the palace of Dar-Al Horra and the San Miguel Bajo church. The hotel is also very near the beautiful views from San Nicolas, San Cristobal and la Lona. There is an enclosed parking lot and a bus stop near the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Santa Isabel la Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Isabel La Real Hotel Granada
- Santa Isabel La Real Granada