In late April 2012, my wife and I spent two nights at the Santa Isabel la Real Hotel in Granada. Located high in the hills of the Albayzin neighborhood, we were greeted graciously on arrival, given basic information about nearby restaurants and scenic overlooks and told about the transportation options into the heart of Granada. If not driving, you are reliant on taxi or the number 31 bus usually arriving next to the hotel at about 10 minute intervals. Two small plaza areas are within a 5 minute walk from the hotel, each with a couple of dining places (the San Nicolas plaza offering a wonderful sight of the Alhambra and the snow covered hills behind). The hotel has the added advantage of an elevator up to our second floor room. Rustic in appearance with wooden beams, the room was comfortable with a small en-suite bathroom. Next to our room was a local park area that attracted young families and teenagers. After dark, the park emptied and the neighborhood was quiet. We were there on school weekdays and are not sure if the park attracts late night activities on the weekends. Breakfast was adequate, with enough variety to get us going for the day. The area is residential, with the downtown providing bank ATM’s, shopping and many more dining options. Santa Isabel la Real is definitely worth consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a restored house from the XVI century. It is situated on the main street of the historical neighbourhood of the Albaizyn ( Granada), five minutes walking distance from the city centre. It is surrounded by gardens and different monuments such us the Monastery of Santa Isabel la Real, the palace of Dar-Al Horra and the San Miguel Bajo church. The hotel is also very near the beautiful views from San Nicolas, San Cristobal and la Lona. There is an enclosed parking lot and a bus stop near the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Santa Isabel la Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Isabel La Real Hotel Granada
- Santa Isabel La Real Granada