“Central and welcoming”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Central and welcoming”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel selection was great- it's quite in the center , not far from both Albaicin and Cathedral, with great views and very professional staff always ready to help -they arranged a private guided excursion to Alhambra and reserved a great restaurant-mirador when our choice was fully booked, but still their choice was more than satisfactory. nice breakfast dishes selection.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is an historic hotel, and the location is walking distance to the cathedral and the shuttle buses to the Al Hambra. While the exerior is turn of the century, the interior is modern with updated bathrooms.

The staff were friendly, but barely spoke English.

We had an interior room, and the bathroom was modern and clean. However, the walls of the room definitely needed to be painted. But the location makes up for all of the minor negatives. It helps that the price was right. The breakfast buffet, for which there was an additional charge, was good.

Hotel staff was able to

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room. Although it tends to be dark, this eliminates the street noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I was delighted with this hotel and only regret that I didn't stay longer in Granada to explore more of this lovely town. The room was clean, comfortable and very quiet ( I asked for an internal room ) and I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. I arrived very early one morning on the night train from Barcelona and hadn't booked my onward trip. The receptionist gave excellent advice about buses, etc. I had pre-booked my ticket to Alhambra
(fantastic !) and I spent most of the day there. I had also booked a trip up to the caves of Sacromonde to watch gypsy flamenco dancing and had arranged to be collected from the hotel lobby at 9 10 pm. I returned to the hotel after dinner around 9 pm and a different receptionist came over to tell me that she had received a telephone call and that the performance had been cancelled. Waves of disappointment!! However the receptionist then told me that she had taken the liberty of booking an alternative flamenco show for me and their agent was already on the way to pick me up at 9 10 as scheduled! She asked if I was happy with that. Of course!!! The show was excellent and I was so grateful because I would have missed out otherwise. I have no reservation in recommending this hotel to any visitor to Granada.

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lesley S
avon
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in March 2012. The first night I had a room which had a window which opened to the atrium in the center of the building. The room was hot and worse there was a lot of construction noise from the next building. I made it clear I was not happy with the room before I left for a 2 day excursion.

When I came back they gave me a room which had windows on the street. It was cool, comfortable and quiet. They even sent up to fruit platter to make amends. This room was really fine.

Both rooms were a nice size by european standards and were clean and in good shape. The location of the hotel is great. I did not sign up for the breakfast. It is expensive. You can have a lovely breakfast at a number of streetside cafes that within 5 minutes of the hotel.

You can not beat the location of the hotel. It is central to the city and close to bus stops and taxi stands. It is a 20 minute walk to the Alhambra and 3 minutes to nice places to eat. The staff was kind and responsive.

My bottom line is that I would say here again, I would not buy the breakfast, I would make certain that I had a room which faced the street.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a window which opens to the outside. Also ask for a "quiet"...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We had difficulty finding the hotel by road poss. due to road works. The car park is 20euros per 24hours and is necessary thro' no avail.street parking. The central location is a major benefit and we found the walk to Alhambra Palace a fairly easy 20 minute sight seeing tour!
The advertised breakfast price is high but on check-in a reasonable "special offer" was available which we took and enjoyed a substantial and varied start to the day.

Room Tip: Front rooms offer good views of city. Back rooms offer peace and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple