“What a location!!”

Parador de Granada
Ranked #13 of 125 Hotels in Granada
“What a location!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

We spent two nights at this beautiful hotel. It is an old convent that was converted to a parador. The service was wonderful, the views from the terrace were amazing and the staff was courteous and efficient. We were able to arrange a tour of Al Hambra directly through the hotel and our guide was very knowledgable and friendly. If you are able, please try to stay here when you are in Granada. You will not regret it.

Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I organised a romantic escape with my husband to the south of Spain. I love Paradores, I think they are great hotels / monuments to stay.

I was greatly surprised to drive inside the Alhambra to reach the Parador, it is a privilege to stay in such a amazing monument. My room (104) was recently refurbished, very modern and with all the amanities. I had mentioned we were celebrating my birthday and a bottle and champagne and some muffins were waiting in the room. It was a great surprised.

We arrived in the afternoon so decided to enjoy Granada and a dinner with beautiful views in the restaurant Las Estrellas Mirador San Nicolas.

After a great night sleep we got ready for breakfast and to visit the Alhambra, the staff in the Parador were super helpful in helping us organising our tour. They told us how to best approach and use our time, their help was very useful. We might have missed an important part of our tour without them.

The breakfast in the Parador was delicious! Freshly baked bread, smoked salmon, spanish delicacies, more like a brunch :)

Our rate was cheaper since we stayed a weeknight, consider this when you make your reservation.

Just before leaving I forgot my jacket in the hotel, I only realised when we were about to leave and I didn't know if I had lost it in the Parador or in the Alhambra. I called the hotel the next day and they found it and send it to me for FREE to a friend in Madrid!! That's what I call a fantastic service!!

Also if you register to the Amigos de Paradores card, free, you get a Free welcome drink, free parking and loyalty points :-)

The Alhambra is an amazing site both!!

I definetely recommend it!

Room Tip: I was in room 104
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank HH-Volksdorf
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights. I had booked directly with the Parador and had to say to myself "Once in a lifetime" when I saw the cost - but oh, how it was worth it for the location! Just magical to wander round the Alhambra in the evening when everyone else has gone home.....

Parking is provided though it's a bit tricky to find you way in. The streets of Granada are so narrow and twisty that in my opinion it's not worth taking your own car out again - a taxi only costs a few euro and will save a lot of shredded nerves.

Diego on reception must get top marks for a wonderful check-in and overall helpfulness - I had also pre-booked our Alhambra tour tickets for the following day on which, unfortunately, there was a General Strike! This was the whole reason we were visiting Granada.... No matter - Diego was able to get us tickets for a tour on the morning we were leaving, and so saved the day. (And the guide was excellent, top marks to her also).

Our room overlooked the garden, and we were able to keep the room beautifully cool with the windows open and the shutters closed over. The bathroom was well appointed, and the walk-in shower was brilliant.

Breakfast was much like the one we'd experienced in the Nerja parador, an extremely good buffet spread plus some additional hot dishes. On the second night we had dinner in the restaurant and it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten: I started with a sort of Arab pastry, very light, filled with finely shredded chicken, rice, almonds and sultanas, delicious. This was followed by roast shoulder of baby lamb stuffed with mushrooms and spinach, and it was to die for. Service at all meals was exemplary.

Was it worth the cost? Absolutely - for that very special trip!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Northbrook
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 March 2012

WHat a place, yes, it is expensive but it is worth it every penny. It is a magical place and the food in the restaurant is most likely the best we have ever eaten!
Spoil yourself and stay there !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmayerdvm
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had two lovely days at the Parador which was for us a perfect starting point and retreat when visiting the Alhambra. Spacious room with romantic view; bathroom well equipped but not spacious. Dining room with style but relaxed atmosphere. Secluded area with respectful visitors and cars parked.

• Stayed February 2012