This hotel comprises of a stately home, Palacio de Santa Ines, built in 1520, and the newer and more modest next-door 'palacio'. Built around an inner patio or courtyard, the reception area retains the style and grandeur of the past, including the remains of a fresco on the wall. The majority of the bedrooms are located off the patio gallery of the next-door palacio, spacious and combining antique furniture with plentiful comfort There is an elevator to reach the upper floors but the uneven flooring and steps of these old buildings might make it a challenge for wheelchairs.
The hotel is on the edge of the Albayzin, the area of tiny streets and steps dating from the Moorish period, a few steps from the River Darro which itself lies at the foot of the bluff overlooked by the Alhambra. The location could not be better; the preserved architecture, decor and ambience of the hotel is perfect.
Breakfast is served in a charming room, a cornucopia of many choices of local and foreign food, including tortilla española. Tea and coffee are available in the same room in the afternoon, accompanied by muffins and other sweet breads. The staff is always available, friendly and helpful. This is a wonderful place to stay, a period experience at a really affordable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th-century Palacio De Santa Ines, in the Unesco World Heritage Albayzín district, is a 5 minute walk from Granada Cathedral. Crossing the small hall at the entrance, visitors will be fascinated by the courtyard beauty because of its fountain, columns, balustrades and in particular, of Renaissance frescos painted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palacio de Santa Ines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacio De Santa Ines Hotel Granada
- Palacio De Santa Ines Granada