All reviews great location american lady plaza nueva the bus old town spiral staircase central location within walking distance street noise family room front desk staff five minute walk twin beds tapas yogurt alhambra tickets arab baths
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The receptionist (Kathy?) was amazingly lovely and helpful. She even got us tickets for the Alhambra for the next day when it was sold out! (Thank you so much)

The entrance and lobby of the hotel was very tidy and well decorated but our room we found a little dated. I'm all up old style hotels but for me the rooms weren't done in an old style, they were just old. My girlfriend had trouble sleeping. She said someone next door was snoring and she could hear them. I can only imagine the walls are too thin. This didn't bother me so much and I know she's not always sensitive to this kind of issues.

No tea/coffee making facilities in the room which was a minor issue really.

The location is great. Right in the heart of it all. Its a 20/25m walk to the Alhambra and not so far to get anywhere.

Didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on that.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gemma M, Director General at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

The location was the only thing that we found satisfactory with this hotel everything else was not to our liking. We were first impressed with the clean lobby as we walked in but that positive experience was disrupted by a distinct smell that was not just localized to the lobby area but permeated throughout the building. There was a certain spicy odd smell that ended up sticking to my clothing even though I left them unpacked in my luggage.
The bathroom wasn't cramped but the layout was inconvenient. The glass splash guard swings towards the direction that it would hit the bathroom door. The sink and the tub were too close to each other that it was a little difficult to swivel one's body to get in the tub. Also, there wasn't anything secure enough to grab on. The paint on the bathroom ceiling was also peeling. The toiletries were in single packets and smelled unappealing.
My biggest complain is the slow speed of the free wifi to a point that it seemed nonexistent. We couldn't post anything or launch iMessage. We are thankful that the nearby Cafe Lisboa offered lightning speed free wifi.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank JoeOco
Gemma M, Director General at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This used to be a single star Michelin. Still seems nice. Our room was very quiet. Bathroom tight though. Be careful though in the public areas as there are lots of sunken drops or small stairs to worry with. Breakfast just OK.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I am kind of sick of people writing reviews about this wonderful hotel , complaining about parking. Parking in Granada is impossible no matter where you go . They have made it this way both for security reasons and the fact the city wasn't designed for cars!!!!! The staff are the friendliest I have ever come across in Spain. The rooms are very good, but the bathrooms are quite badly designed and cramped. Apart from that I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Granada. Wifi is better at reception that in the rooms, as the walls are quite thick. The American lady at reception and the Spanish guy are both so helpful, Thanks and hasta pronto

1  Thank John P
Gemma M, Director General at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Many thanks for your kind comments about our staff and our hotel, we work hard to make our guests happy.
Your comments are very valuable to us!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

This place is lovely and perfectly situated walking distance from almost everything, but the truly wonderful thing about it was its staff. In particular, Kathy who helped us so much with trying to acquire tickets to the Alhambra and suggestions on how to get to Sevilla and just about anything we could think of and things we did not even consider. I highly recommend this wonderful establishment.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gemma M, Director General at Hotel Anacapri, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Many thanks for your kind comments about our staff and our hotel.
Your comments are very valuable to us!