“wonderful location, welcoming staff”
Review of Hotel Macia Plaza

Hotel Macia Plaza
Ranked #38 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The location is perfect: on the Plaza Nueva, a pleasant square , very handy to buses to the Alhambra and around the Albayzin and to many restaurants and sights.

The staff is extremely welcoming. This is not a luxury hotel but the accomodatios are comfortable and many rooms have bath/shower combinations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank marig48
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Loved this hotel! Great location with great service. Rooms were clean and our balcony had the most amazing views. Joaquin at the front desk was a life saver and totally amazing! Breakfast was okay, although I think it should be included in your stay. Overall would recommend to anyone staying in Granada!

1  Thank NikiMickey
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My cousin and I stayed at the Hotel Maciá Plaza in Granada during Semana Santa. We were immediately greeted by Joaquin, a very nice and cordial man! He was most helpful in providing information to assist us in finding a wonderful tapas restaurant and directions/length of time to walk to the Alhambra.
The room was quaint, very clean and perfect for our needs.
I hope to return someday and would stay here again!

2  Thank livlovlaf8
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at the Macia Plaza for two nights in March, 2012. We were immediately welcomed by the front desk. Because we arrived before our room was ready, they took our luggage and invited us to have a complimentary breakfast. The hotel is located on Nueva Plaza, right in the historic district, by the Arab Quarter. From there you can walk everywhere, the Arab Quarter, river walk, the Jewish Quarter and of course, the Alhambra. The room was very comfortable, decorated in modern style. The breakfast was very nice with a great selection of meats, cheeses, cereals and hardboiled eggs. Delicious coffee and tea. The staff was very helpful in finding our way around. The rooms on the plaza side are very nice, though we stayed on the back side of the hotel. The Nueva Plaza is a very lively place, with a beautiful fountain, outdoor restaurants and lots of street performers. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Although a bit more expense, it may be fun to stay in the plaza side room where you can watch activi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank danielsonkin
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just returned from Spain where we stayed at Hotel Macia Plaza for two nights. Upon arrival to the hotel in the afternoon, we were confronted by the rudest and grumpiest receptionist ever. I speak some pretty decent Spanish so my friend and I cheerfully greeted him when we arrived. In response, the older man barely cracked a smile before telling us which room we were assigned. When I learned that the room did not have a view (as I had specifically requested in writing), I asked him if there was a different one available. He replied that it would cost 20 euro extra per night. I asked him if I could see the window room first before deciding. After another staff member graciously showed us both rooms located in the 4th floor, I told the rude receptionist that I wanted the room with the view. He apparently misunderstood me because he gave me a key for the room without the view. So I went back down to tell him that I wanted the other room. Clearly exasperated and muttering under his breath, he told me that the window room was not available and that I had to settle for a room in the first floor if I wanted a room with a view. Not wanting to deal with his attitude any longer, I said "fine" and accepted the room in the first floor. He then gave, no, he literally threw the second key at me. When I asked him if he had a map of the city, he replied, "Si" but never handed me one. Neither was he helpful in telling us where the stop was for the bus to the Alhambra. The room we got in the first floor, Room 102, had a balcony overlooking the plaza. I did not mind that people can look up and see inside our room, but the noise at night from the plaza and the drunken people were very loud and can be intolerable. The cleaning staff is great and the hotel is in a central location, but I don't I believe paying over $200 for this small room with a rude receptionist is worth it. If anyone from Hotel Macia Plaza is reading this review and would like to know more specifics about this rude employee, I am happy to answer your questions. It is unfortunate that he has made the worst impression of your hotel. Apart from him, the rest of the staff at the hotel was wonderful.

3  Thank wanderlust1267
maciacondor, Manager at Hotel Macia Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Madame, I really sorry about that bad experience at our hotel.
Thank you very much to tell us about that problem.

I have seriously spoken to that receptionist and to all staff and of course, this is not gonna happen again in the future.

That you very much for visit us, and I hope see you soon again at our hotel.

Kind Regards

José Mª. Manager Hotel Macià Plaza.