“Great octopus & more!”

Meson Fogon de Galicia
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Meson Fogon de Galicia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 1,682 Restaurants in Granada
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Description: A escasos metros del Ayuntamiento de Granada se encuentra el restaurante El fogón de Galicia, un acogedor y familiar mesón que desde 1998 ofrece lo mejor de la tradición y los sabores gallegos con una carta en la que predominan los productos frescos y de mercado. El pescado y el marisco son los grandes protagonistas de El Fogón de Galicia, que presume de tener dos grandes especialidades: el bacalao y el pulpo. Ambos productos se pueden degustar de múltiples maneras, aunque destacan el Bacalao gratinado con fondo de berenjenas, el Bacalao con salsa de pimientos rojos y gambas, el tradicional Pulpo a la gallega o el Arroz con pulpo. No menos deliciosos resultan platos tan originales como la Pizza de zamburiñas y almejas. El restaurante El Fogón de Galicia, además, cuenta con una selecta bodega de vinos gallegos para acompañar de la mejor manera posible sus contundentes y sabrosos platos. Tradición y sabor en pleno centro de Granada.
Reviewed 9 February 2016

This place is very vibrant and we always manage to find a little spot. The pulpo alla gallega is really tasty with not much oil & a lot of octopus! Other dishes equally good. We love it and always go back when we're in Granada!

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

We couldn't get in Los Diamentes so we retreated to this place. The service was good and the food even better! The free tapas was generous and good. Try the "poulpo a la Gallega" which is the best we have tried so far (and we have tried a lot!)

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

Food was ok, nothing special... When I asked for the bill, I realised I was charged for the bread, which I didn't mind to pay anyway, however when I mention to the waiter that they should advise this to the guests, he showed a very bad attitude and didn't know how to handle it.
I am from Granada and I am not willing to take this type of costumer service... I would never go back!

Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

I was at this Restaurante Late at night , about 1-2 . In Granada had late tapas of great quality for my all 5 days over there. Afther a powerfull Flamengo show we were hungry. We got "poor potatos " and "croquettas" . We did realize left overs with half food on The plate on other tables. But when our " croquettas" they were Big hot from oven...but afther 2 bites had nothing in it. So I open The all thing ... All just flour! Asked my friend to try hers. Same thing! Called the waitress and explain why I didnt want to eat the other 4 croquettas and send it back. I was in a good mood and she was friendely. But when the bill came , there was the 7€ for the croquettas! The maneger , told me that it cant be as his mothers croquettas , but it was in his opinion perfect . He was arrogant and seems not understand of his position in this business. Still , felt the need to explain to him. That had have "croquettas " before , and expect some filling in it! ... But he had his decision. He was right , I was wrong!! I lost my cool a little. I am myself in Restaurante business and never discuss food quality with my customers...our Job is to do as good food as possible to make them come back. He call me names and made jokes... I hope The 7€ help them to buy some han for next time. My first bad experience in Granada in my stay. Do not recomend!

Reviewed 26 September 2015

This is a small little restaurant with some outdoor seating. The food was great. I braved a bowl of baby eels which my friends cringed but everyone had a bite and loved it. Octopus also excellent. We actually went back 2 days in a row for dinner, it was that good.