“Misleading Hotel In Oh So Many Ways, I would never go back!”
Review of Hotel Picasso

Hotel Picasso
Hotel Picasso
Ranked #67 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Stayed at Hotel Picasso end of August 2010, for the price it was cheap and fantastic as it included a evening meal and breakfast plus a double for sole en suite bedded room. The service was 1st class on arrival as I was sat down for my meal 1 minute before the Restaurant closed and had my 3 course meal in a rather dated and messy 2 star restaurant. I slept fine and had no problem with room..it was nice!.. After my basic breakfast in a rather depressing restaurant, I checked out and walked 30 minutes to a beach, on my way I realised I left some rings in the bathroom. As I was far from the hotel, I went back after my day at the Beach, hoping to retrieve my rings and the management told me that they were in Housekeeping and that they had all gone home. Surely jewellery should be kept in a safe in a management office? The Duty Manager said the hotel would contact me the next day, it is now 5 months gone and they do not seem to answer my e-mails, they have told me that they will send the rings..still not received them. Please do not leave valuables at this hotel as they never contact you, the management have made things upsetting as one ring was valuable. The hotel admitted that they had found the rings, the frustrating thing is that the service was awful and pathetic, not even thinking about my feelings or any consideration, I am frustrated and still annoyed and I do not know what to do, but just to give up and pretend it never happenend.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank JetsetZoom

Reviewed 21 September 2010

Ended up here by mistake of travel agent. Biggest let down was the pool i expected was nothing like the one here. It is small and ok if you just want to cool down or sooth feet.. but you really wouldnt want spend time at it.

UPSIDE .. Hotel is spotless. Maids come in every day. Ask for room on Balcony Side of hotel.. to give you a bit of outside space, overlooking square. It is a wee bit noisy, but nothing major...quitens down about 1ish....managed to sleep fine.
Reception guys really fiendly.. helped massivley when friend needed police, cant say the same about the blonde girl though.. bit tgnorant. There is a bar at bottom of hotel, used by anyone passing also... no dedicated hotel bar our lounge area.

Hotel is really great as a base for sightseeing if you not spending much time in it. Travel agents down the road if you want to book trips.. quite reasonable... I never use any hotel trips as always cost a fortune compared to local travel agents.

It is 5 min walk from Metro to allow travel up and down coast from Malage to Fuengirola and Alhora. Only 2 euros maximum either way. Use train at airport for transfers (1euro 35), get off at Torremolinos, come out Metro, head past Burger King to the first main street (pedestrianised), turn left, head up to main road, cross over.. and keep walking straight up continuation of pedestrian area.. hotel on the right about 200 metres up this bit.
Watch out for young lads in Groups of 5 around Town Centre.. frend got pickpocketed all his stuff, guys pretended to be firendly..

Summary.. would use again...if sightseeing or happy to make the 20 minute walk down to beach.. but that not so bad, as stalls etc all the way down.. and a lift operates on street if you dont fancy walking down or up.. only 50 cents .. dont be put off if queues at it as they go down really quckly.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank scottishgillybaby
Reviewed 13 September 2009

stopped for only 4 nights (short break)
the youths breakdancing out side, was no problem,music is so low you cannot hear it if you close balcony door. and gone by the time we was getting in bed
rooms are like any 3* hotel in spain, clean and basic,
we had no problems staying here and would think to use this hotel again

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Stayed at Hotel Picasso early June 2006. There were 8 of us on our annual lads holiday & the rooms & service were absolutely excellent for the price. No problems with us coming in early hours, losing our key cards, extra towels etc, etc. Rooms are cleaned & made up every day, inc Sundays. Right in the heart of the town with a few bars & a lot of shops nearby. The only MAJOR problem with this hotel, is that it's right next door to a church, which rings it bells a couple of times every morning, starting about 9.30am & then on a Sunday morning, every 20 minutes or so until midday. And they're LOUD! We were not impressed, having got in at some early hour, to be woken up in this manner... In addition, the pool wasn't open when we went - apparently it gets filled for the beginning of July - it's tiny anyway though. Torremolinos itself is ok but the trip to & from the beach is quite hilly, with lots of steps. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so be warned. The sand is volcanic, gets incredibly hot & is very stony by the shore, I took snorkelling gear but couldn't use it as the water isn't clear enough. The waves were fun though! Also be aware that Torremolinos is the gay capital of the Costa's so if you're straight, you'll be off to Benalmadena's 24 hour square every night like we were! Still, all in all a pleasant hotel & an ok base for a cheap stay, especially if you're a Church-goer! And, if you're a cigar smoker, go to Estanco San Miguel. Excellent choice of Cuban cigars and a nice, albeit compact humidor room.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Holidaystar67
Reviewed 31 July 2008

We were looking for a place to stay after our stay in the condo we had booked on the beach. It was a bit of a hunt to find it - but once found I loved it! I wished we had stayed there the whole time and forgot about the condo. It was clean and helpful. We got a really great room, nice food, and the bus system dropped off and picked up about a block or two from the establishment. We asked for reccomendations on what to see on our qucik little stay and the girl at the front desk armed us with suggestions, a map, and a bus schedule. We had a blast! The bathroom was a bit cramped, but I didn't fly to Spain to sit in a bathroom all day, did I? :)

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Godoesgood