See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I agree with all the reviewers who commented on the hotel pool. This could be a nice area although small if some renovation could be done to it. There were only two broken sunloungers and the area was very uninviting when we went to have a look outside. The beach could potentially be quite a distance away for some people and there is no pool area as such for those who do not want to go to the beach. It wouldnt take much to make the area around the pool a nice alternative to visiting the beach.

Room tip: The rooms we had looked over the square and we could watch the entertaining at the weekend from the balcony.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Compared to other three star hotels in the area, the Picasso is very poor. The location is good for the shops, the beach is a bit of a walk.
The rooms are very basic and dated although the bed sheets were clean and the beds were made up every day. The tv screen was cracked but did work. The breakfast was not good - hot things were cold and cold things warm! To pay the full listed price for this hotel is scandalous!

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 17 August 2011

In Torremolinos you have a little dilemma: either you stay on a beach or prefer the night life and book a hotel in the centre of town. The stairs in between are really a task in a heat.

This time I wanted to find me low-budget hotel in centre of city and Hotel Picasso turn out to be a pleasant surprise. The location is good, by the small square, no access by car in the front, but it only means: a quiet hotel. The only noise came on Sunday from church bells (10m away from my window!) but bells rang on 11 o´clock, so no harm done there.

Room was big and clean. Air condition did work, Would be nice to have a small refrigerator, but it was a hotel, not a apartimentos. Breakfast was included and it was better than in many hotels, but with less than 10 Euros you get better coffee, juice and toast or baguette in many Cafe´s around city.

Stuff at the desk where helpful , even I met only one who could speak English. I would recommend Hotel Picasso for all travellers who prefer spending they money to something else than luxury hotel room, after all: How many hours awake you spend per day in your room? and while you are sleeping, only thing witch matters is a good bed!! ...Well if you are tall, you are in trouble in Spain ; )

Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank Jarmo-hki
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I will never book with expedia again. i have just got bk from spain, i booked 2 wks in the hotel picasso,supposedly 3 star, turns out this is an hostel, and somebody has scratched a star of the hotel wall, it was disgusting, dirty, after eating breakfast the first day, i later felt odd, ended up in bed for 3 days with gastro enteritis, Later found out they had put out of date yogurt out for breakfast which i ate, and fruit was rotting and the noise was unreal, fights and arguments going on till 6 in the morning on both wkends.
There is TWO broken sunbeds for the whole hotel, and the area where they are there is a airduct blowing waste kitchen air over you, it wasnt cheap either, £650.00 for 2 wks, plus i had to pay £50.00 for my luggage at the airport, which is in their small print but so very misleading, am waiting on their reply, will let you know

Room tip: book with an abta travel agent
Date of stay: July 2011
2  Thank MIK186364
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Stayed at Hotel Picasso end of August 2010, for the price it was cheap and fantastic as it included a evening meal and breakfast plus a double for sole en suite bedded room. The service was 1st class on arrival as I was sat down for my meal 1 minute before the Restaurant closed and had my 3 course meal in a rather dated and messy 2 star restaurant. I slept fine and had no problem with room..it was nice!.. After my basic breakfast in a rather depressing restaurant, I checked out and walked 30 minutes to a beach, on my way I realised I left some rings in the bathroom. As I was far from the hotel, I went back after my day at the Beach, hoping to retrieve my rings and the management told me that they were in Housekeeping and that they had all gone home. Surely jewellery should be kept in a safe in a management office? The Duty Manager said the hotel would contact me the next day, it is now 5 months gone and they do not seem to answer my e-mails, they have told me that they will send the rings..still not received them. Please do not leave valuables at this hotel as they never contact you, the management have made things upsetting as one ring was valuable. The hotel admitted that they had found the rings, the frustrating thing is that the service was awful and pathetic, not even thinking about my feelings or any consideration, I am frustrated and still annoyed and I do not know what to do, but just to give up and pretend it never happenend.

Date of stay: August 2010