ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol
Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$ 157
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 137
TripAdvisor
4,253 results
All reviewsself servicesoft drinkspool barbar staffplenty of choicemain restauranttrain stationon tapplenty of sunbedsevening meallovely hotelentertainment roomcosta del solgreat holidaydining roomall inclusive hotelolder generation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Couldn't really fault this hotel, probably one of the nicest we've ever stayed in! It was SUPER clean, modern, had friendly helpful staff. For saying how big the hotel is and how many people were staying there there were plenty of sunloungers every day over the three pools. Also there were plenty of tables at dinner and self service and non ss bars dotted all around. I have never seen so many people in a hotel take part in the activities and watch the evening entertainment, it was incredible to see and be part of. The rooms are really nice, cool and modern, cleaned everyday if you wish. Nice little extras included free fresh pool towels everyday, free beach bag and canopy's around the pool.

There was plenty of choice of food with various meat, fish and veggie dishes plus pasta pizza and salads. All looked fresh and you never had to wait for anything.

Location wise.. 10/15min transfer from the airport. Directly opposite the beach. A 20m walk into torremolinos and you'll find loads of shops and bars in San Miguel area. You could walk to benalmadena harbour if you wish, it took us just over an hour/1hr30 one night to walk back from there when there was a taxi strike on but it was a lovely walk along the beach/cliffs/shops all the way.

The only way this hotel could improve would probably be the cocktails and coffee which tasted a bit synthetic. Also the courtesy room we got changed in on the last day was basically a shower room so it was like getting dressed in a sauna so we went and got changed in the gym changing rooms which had air con

Would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be staying in a RIU hotel again for sure!!

4  Thank MS1804
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Hi we are currently at this hotel on a 10 night stay due to leave on Sunday. I must admit I was quite nervous from reading previous reviews regarding the BUG!! However there have been absolutely no signs of this whatsoever. There are hand sanitisers outside every toilet and restaurant however many do not use!! Cleaners are exceptionally thorough and the rooms and surroundings are spotlessly clean. The food is fantastic. We do all inclusive 4/5 star every year and I must say this has by far been the best. Lots of choice and well tailored for English pallet. My hubby is usually bored silly by now with the food but not this time. The restaurant has a premier inn feel to it rather than a cafeteria feel. The food is piping hot and staff are good. We stayed in rooms 5218/5216 which are above the Sherry bar/ pool this pool for us was the better one. The infinity pool is great but very busy and a distance from our room. The entertainment staff are fantastic. They work tirelessly and to be honest put on better shows than I have seen from outside entertainment. Very talented and really do work hard and put on fantastic entertainment. There is always a bar open so last orders dosnt happen! No rushing, pushing etc all chilled. The only improvement I would ask for would be more for teenage kids, simple things like pool table, table tennis etc. The location is amazing. Straight onto the beach literally so lovely walk into Benalmadena marina etc. Lots to do on the beach too. Once again I can not recommend this hotel and the staff enough. Thanks hotel Riu for a fantastic stay so far.

8  Thank Gemmalulapip
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My parents, boyfriend and I have been staying at this hotel since the 10th and we are staying here for ten days. Everything has been perfect!
The rooms are lovely, the food is amazing, soooo much choice! The staff here are all so friendly as well. The only complaint I have is that guests here are extremely rude but that is nothing to do with the hotel itself. Haven't heard of anyone having the bug so not sure if there was a bug breakout before we got here but heard no complaints since we've been here.
Had an amazing stay, don't want to leave!

5  Thank MeiBustin
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Hello, my partner and I plus our 21month old have been here for a lovely 10 days holiday.
The hotel is brilliant, the entertainment, the cleanliness, food and drink great!
We didn't get ill from food etc great!
The entertainment team is amazing! I was a bit dubious because it's the hotel staff that do evening entertainment instead of outside acts. Please don't be put off, the choreograph was brilliant! They really are a super talented group of people from around Europe. Well done guys!!! :-D
My favourite was the bumbalina and musical night. Full Monty was funny and the Michael Jackson bit was great! Fantastic!
Great choice of tv channels, shower is amazing!! Beautiful bathroom and comfy beds, gorgeous view from our balcony room 2203.
Noise on corridors from other people, lifts, cleaners in the morning was ok and as you would expect from any hotel without carpets.
Pools are lovely and vigorously monitored by the lifeguard for cleanliness. I saw them testing the water with chemical strips at least twice a day.
The food is lovely and I always found something nice to eat, breakfast dinner and tea. My partner is a little bit fussy and he said sometimes it tasted a bit bland but they have to cater for a wide range of guests so I can understand this is a massive problem. The food was always hot and great choice. My partner didn't like the pizza that's about it really. I am gluten intolerant but found loads to eat. yum!
The dinner hall is busy but we always got a table straight away and great service by staff, entertaining our toddler etc 10/10 :-)
Self service wine beer and soft drinks great! Wine ok but as you would expect from all Inclusive..hense why an alternative wine menu would be great.
I have visited quite a few all Inclusive resorts and have to say this scores highly but a few little improvements would give this lovely place a 5 * rating.
Loads of sunbeds anytime, no problem.
Chemist across the road and a little Irish bar.

I would like to suggest these improvements:
Ice creams/Ice lollies fresh fruit pots? for everyone during the day at the bars.
Waiter service around the pool for drink?(not that I minded going to the bar.. My partner suggested this.. haha)
Outside bbq night for tea? Bbq sardines and prawns are amazing in this area and we did go out a few times to eat these at our expense. A cheap way to gain a different experience for guests. Go for it guys :-D !!!
Tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms please would be a great bonus.
Maybe options to pay for alternative alcohol such as a nice bottle of wine or bottled beers? You can only get what's free from hotel and some nights we would have like to have paid for a nicer wine with dinner.

Dinner for kids is good too with chicken nuggets chips pasta burgers etc something for everyone. My son loved the splash park ❤

It's the first time I have visited southern Spain but I will defiantly be returning and very possibly to this hotel.
Keep up the good work guys!! A very good hotel which has been newly renovated beautifully.
I have to mention the staff again... AMAZING!!!! GIVE THEM A PAY RISE RIU HOTEL MR'S!!!

6  Thank Meg S
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Just returned from a week here and can find no fault.

Fabulous rooms, wide choice of meals at 3 different restaurants, multiple bars as well as self service areas. Staff are all pleasant, entertainment, although much of which was by the entertainment team, was excellent.

Hotel is large but the spread of rooms, pools and bars did not make it feel packed. Would not have known there was anyone else in adjoining rooms it was that peaceful.

If you want to get about, taxi rank just outside and the train station is a short 10 minute stroll. Torremelinos town is about 2km walk, but a lot of steps to the top!

T