My partner and I have recently landed back from Spain, having stayed in the Sol Principe, and I must say, we were very impressed! The hotel itself is beautiful. It is kept immaculately, very clean and the hotel staff are extremely helpful. Our rooms were spacious, bathroom was a good size and again, was cleaned every day. We were also pleased to find that we'd bagged a room with a pool AND sea view, nice touch! We went for a long weekend and on a half-board basis. The food was excellent! There was always something different to choose and the food was plentiful and piping hot. The drinks in the hotel are a little bit pricey, but which hotel doesn't hike the price of beverages up these days?! There are plenty of bars along the promenade that offer good value for money on drinks. The facilities were excellent. There were two large family pools to the front of the hotel, and a smaller, more quiet one to the rear. There was plenty of sun loungers and space to bathe, however you have to get up EARLY to beat others to a brolly! The hotel entertainment is good too. My only criticism of the hotel is it is quite a distance from the town centre, however in terms of a beach location, you go through a gated door at the rear of the hotel, cross the road, and there's the beach! To sum it up, I think this hotel is excellent value for money and would definitely consider going back in the future. I would recommend paying that little bit extra to go All Inclusive if you were considering the Half Board option, as you would save a small fortune on drinks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Príncipe Hotel, is located in Torremolinos (Malaga) right on the beachfront with direct access to the promenade, to the beautiful Playamar Beach and numerous bars (typical restaurants on the sand) specialized in "fried fish." 27,000 m2 of facilities make Sol Principe a spectacular hotel with day and night activities for children and adults; ideal for family vacations. The rooms of different categories with magnificent views of the sea or to the Spectacular Caribbean lagoon-style swimming pool surrounded by exotic gardens. Air conditioning, LCD TV 43", Safe (*), Mini fridge, hairdryer and a large furnished terrace (table / chairs); 4 swimming pools for adults (1 indoor) and 1 for children, Solarium and hammocks; different dining spaces, beauty salon; Wireless internet access (free) throughout the hotel, fitness, live music. also has 14 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 750 people. (*). Adapted for disabled guests, private car park (*). (*) With charge ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Melia Hotels APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Principe by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Principe Torremolinos
- Sol Principe Hotel
- Hotel Sol Principe
- Sol Principe By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol