“Fantastic hotel.”

Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic hotel.”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Excellent hotel. Rooms were very spacious with fantastic sea view they were cleaned every day. Fantastic variety of food and there was plenty of it. Found staff to be very helpful. Fantastic facilities within the hotel. I would rate this hotel 10 out of 10 and I would definately return there.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Anderson123456789
, General Manager at Sol Principe, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Hello Anderson123456789, thank you very much for your good comments and for having your holidays with us in Sol Principe.
We are so glad that you enjoy in our facilities, and our staff service; opinions such as yours help us to improve ourselves everyday.

We hope to see you very soon in Sol Principe, meanwhile you can follow us on facebook/solhotels.com
Sincerely José Fermín Gómez General Manager Sol Principe Hotel.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

If you like crowds, then this is the place to go.
If you like your food cooked in large pools of grease then this is the place to go.
If you like queueing for hours to check in or ask question at reception then this is the place to go.
If you like paying for kids club in the afternoon then this is the place to go.
If you like getting up at 630am to reserve a sun lounger at the pool then this is the hotel for you.
If you like shows to start 1/2 hour later than advertised then......
If you like staff that are rude and ignore you then ....

What more can I say, plenty actually but my advice is to change hotel if possible. I have stayed in many Sol/Melia hotels as I worked in the travel industry for years and this is not to the standard that I or many of the other guests there expected. So so dissapointed, especially as we had to eat out most nights as the food was so bad after paying for 1/2 board.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bermac50
Lincoln
Reviewed 22 June 2012

After a good few enjoyable visits to Sol Principe it is finally time to say goodbye. I used to enjoy the breakfast and evening meal here but it has really gone down hill. The food is over cooked, greasy and unimaginitive. The theme nights have gone, the plates are slow to be cleared and the general cleanliness in the rooms is terrible, in the two weeks my husband and I stayed in May 12 I don't think the floor was swept once. We cancelled our booking for September - what a shame.

Room Tip: Rooms facing sea are usually quieter the other side over looks large swimming pools - quite noisey.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jenny146
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Here now, probably the first hotel I have said I won't come back,reception is useless,been three times to discuss something 20/30 minutes each time,food choice very poor, not one member of staff has spoken to us at any time unless you are buying something,hotel to big to care

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank ipswic
, General Manager at Sol Principe, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear ipswick. , my name is José Fermín Gómez, I am the General manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel. I would like to apologize for the iconveniences in our hotel. I am sorry if you dind´t enjoy your holidays with us.
I will hope that you decide to give us another opportunity, the hotel staff will try to surprise you, because everyday we work hard to improve ourselves.

Thank you for your review again.
Sincerely José Fermín Gómez, General manager Sol Príncipe.
Dublin
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Just returned today from a 2 week stay and I am not happy. I have stayed in the apartments for many times over the past 6 years but dont think I will stay again. I booked a one bedroom apartment which was fine. Good size. Bedding and towels changed every day. Basic cooking facilities but served a purpose. Kids club is great and the staff that work there are excellent with the children. Pool is great although very cold. So where did it go wrong? Well to start, as nearly every other reviewer has said the check in is ridiculously long and the staff on the reception are most unpleasant. I arrived on a Monday and everything was okay untill Friday arrived with the arrival of a swarm of spanish guests and that is where the fun and games began. I have never come across such a rude people. They arrived at the pool area and removed peoples towels from their beds and put their own down which resulted in many arguments leaving sitting around the pool area very intimidating with young children. Also the pool bar did not open during the week but did at the weekend when the spanish arrived. The bronto burger bar was taken over at the weekend mornings from 8 - 1 by the spanish for breakfast leaving the snack bar and the door to the back of the hotel not accessable. Pool games also only on the weekends. The manager had to be called to sort out a dispute over beds and it was clear he favoured the spanish who where clearly in the wrong. I am so upset at the waste of my money spent on this nightmare and i really can't believe how the place has changed. My children had to witness arguments aroung the childrens pool and where very upset. It was like a cattle market on the weekends and forced us to leave the pool area. I regret to say i won't be visting again.

Room Tip: Ground floor apartments much bigger than those on the higher floors
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Sonya D
, General Manager at Sol Principe, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Sonya D,

First of all to thank you very much for giving us your review and thanks for having chosen Sol Príncipe for your holidays for so long. We appreciate your comments about our activities team and kids club.
I would like to explain that the process we use in the sun terrace is in order to be fair with all the customers. Sorry if you didn´t like that.
In relation with the bar and Bronto Burguer opening in the weekend, we use to increase the service accordance with the high occupancy and the high season.

Thank you very much for your comments again.
Sincerely Jose Fermín Gómez, General Manager Sol Príncipe hotel.