Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Algotels
Melia.com
2,563 results
All reviews self catering sea view kids club every other day bars and restaurants studio apartment pool area benalmadena marina these apartments small kitchen excellent location great holiday beach front your doorstep per day plenty of sunbeds family holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2022 via mobile

I rarely leave bad reviews, you can see from my profile that I don't.

Firstly, I booked directly through Melia, we've stayed in the Sol in Lanzarote before and absolutely loved it. We stayed in the sol Timor 14 years ago and it was OK, but decided to give it a chance as apparently it has been renovated.

Whenever I go on holiday I email a week before requesting a certain room or location of the room(9 times out of 10 the hotel kindly accommodate our request) . When I booked online it specified that as a Melia member we would be upgraded to a "superior" room. I checked in online and it says no upgrades were available. I figure OK, I'm sure we will get a nice room... We arrived at around 1am thanks to a delayed flight, we were given room 2722 overlooking another hotel with a side sea view. The room was small and grubby, there were dirt all over the walls and paint splatters on the floor. It was very small for 4 people. I asked reception could we move she said no, but to come back in the morning and ask.

Asked again in the morning and told the same. Eventually decided to just give up trying to move and get on with it.

The night we arrived at 3am reception called and said the fire alarm in our room was going off. I said it wasn't and we were all trying to sleep. 2 days later we get a call at 7am with the same thing, we were all trying to sleep again. And someone called up to our room 2 days after that saying the alarm was going off. This seems like an issue and something that may be concerning?

We had bed and breakfast, breakfast was good, good variety.

Entertainment around the pool was good, always something going on. I did find it was geared towards Spanish speaking families though.

Location good.

Unfortunately I wouldn't return due to the rooms.

Date of stay: September 2022
2  Thank michellllie
David Castilla, Guest Services / Front Office at Sol Timor by Melia - Apartamentos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear michellllie,

We would like to thank you for the time you took sending us your review by Tripadvisor community.

It is a pleasure to reed how our location and entertainment was good enough for you, like our breakfast.
By the other side, we have taken note of your words about the room and the fire alarm, we have pass this news to our staff, reception and technical department in order to verify that everything is correct with that.
By the other hand, I want to give you my apologies if the room was not to your entire liking and due to the high occupancy we could not change the room for you.

Do not forget that we are already looking forwards to welcome you back at Sol Timor, your home at Costa del Sol, this next time providing you the best experience possible.

Our best regards.

David Castilla.
Guest Experience Manager.

Reviewed 3 September 2022 via mobile

Excellent holiday, childrens activities at 12 noon everyday from inflatable to magic carpet. I know we went to Spain but I didn’t feel the English speaking felt as included as the Spanish as the staff were predominantly speaking and felt abit intimidated.

Trip type: Travelled with family
David Castilla, Guest Services / Front Office at Sol Timor by Melia - Apartamentos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2022

Dear Karen,

At first, we would like to thank you for the time you have taken sending us your review.

We are delighted to read how you have enjoyed our entertainment activities.

But on the other hand, we are sorry for your comment about our english. We feel not intimidated, and our staff speak english, you do not hesitate to contactac us when you need, we won't have to any problem to talk with you and helping you.

We try every time to provide dreamed experiences between our guests.

We remain at your disposal,

Do not forget we are looking forward to welcome you again very soon.

Our best regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2022 via mobile

I’ve been staying at the Sol Timor, twice a year for at least the last 8 - 10yrs. I absolutely love it, it’s great to see the improvements on my return, the Pool area, corridors, lifts, rooms.

Can’t fault the staff either, very polite and friendly. Location great.

Room tip: None, it suits my needs perfectly.
Trip type: Travelled solo
David Castilla, Guest Services / Front Office at Sol Timor by Melia - Apartamentos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2022

It's a pleasure for us to read that you have appreciated our changes, that you keep coming back and we continue to meet all your expectations. We are delighted that you continue to enjoy your stay with us and that our staff and facilities continues to be to your pleasure.

Our priority is to create dream experiences for our guests and we are more than happy to achieve this with you every year.

It will be a pleasure for the whole team to welcome you again very soon at Sol Timor, your second home on the Costa del Sol,

Receive our best regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2022 via mobile

As this a 3 star hotel don't expect the height of luxury! But having said that, the rooms are perfectly adequate, they are spotlessly cleaned and provide an excellent experience! We stayed in a studio apartment which was well equipped, and spotless! The air conditioning worked well, maybe too well as if it was left on then you will freeze !!
Meals were very good, plenty on choice.
The grounds are well kept and maintained to a high standard!
The swimming pool can get a little dirty towards the end of the day but is fine.
When trying to get sunbeds, it's rather easier than most holidays and hotels I have been to, there was always an abundance of beds, but if u need an umbrella then towels are placed on them quite early in the morning! If you want a sunbed by the pool then you have to wait until 10am for the pool to open, again there is some early birds but always enough to go round.
The hotel and in fact the whole area is more directed at the spanish holiday makers and English clientele are often ignored and overlooked! I can say this for the whole surrounding areas!!
There is plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from and there are more shops than you could ever visit! (Go to calle San miguel) the market is on a Thursday but it isn't that big or that great.
Definitely go around the marina in benalmadena, (only 5 mins away) plenty of bars , restaurants, shops and things to see, even take the midnight cruise to see the lights?!? Only a hour for 10 euros

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wozza1234
David Castilla, Guest Services / Front Office at Sol Timor by Melia - Apartamentos, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2022

Dear Wozza,

At first, we would like to thank you for the time you have taken sending us your review and the good score you gave us.

We are deligthed to know that you have enjoyed in our hotel, have appreciated our location that our staff and facilities were your pleasure and you liked your apartment.

By the other hand, our hotel is aimed at tourists of any nationality, we are sorry you had that feeling. We dedicate time to everyone.

Our priority is to create our guest a dreamed experience among us and our staff strives hard everyday to do so.

For the entire Sol Timor team, it will be a pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Receive our kings regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2022 via mobile

Lovely Hotel, clean rooms newly decorated. Beautiful grounds.
Pool bit dirty, hair and loads of sand in it. The Hotel Bar was nice but we found this place very spannish orientated.
Kids club looked good but again they apoke spannish only so all the games they played with the kids were all spannish.
Breakfast was great.

Room tip: Avoid Juan house restaurant. Looks amazing but service was poor.
1  Thank Michelle R

Dear Michelle,

We are deligthed to know that you liked our hotel, how you have enjoyed our grounds and you have appreciated our cleaning.

About the english, all our staff is trained to speak in English, maybe there was a missunderstanding. Our hotel is aimed to tourists of all nationalities. But if you have any problem you do not hesitate to contac us, we will be delighted to offer you our services.

For us is paramount to provide our guest a dreamed experience and our staff work everytime to acheive it.

Our best regards,