2,014 results
All reviews self catering kids club sea view studio room every other day benalmadena marina bars and restaurants these apartments pool area small kitchen rooms are basic fantastic location great holiday your doorstep beach front burger king entertainment staff
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

We recently visited this hotel as a group family holiday. Although we did online check in to speed things up it was still very slow to check in, although no queue! We had requested due to special occasion rooms near each other but this wasn't considered & receptionist quite rude.

These however were the downsides, everything else about the hotel was great once we passed check in. Location was amazing so close to beach & central with lots of lovely restaurants nearby. Spainish Garden restaurant just up the road from main entrance was fabulous & staff so helpful. Also The Ivy Cafe was great for brekkie

Daytime & evening entertainment was very good in hotel. The people doing it were very professional.

Rooms were good size & very clean. No noise between rooms.

Best thing about hotel was that you could always get a bed at the pool although we were there peak season. It's €2 a bed a day but you get soft drink voucher so pretty much get your money back.

Would recommend this hotel but not for customer service @ reception

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Gillian B
SolTimorApartamentos, Elvira Bautista, Quality Manager at Sol Timor by Melia - Apartamentos, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Dear Gillian B

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us during your visit in Torremolinos.

I am very glad to read you were delighted by our amazing location and pleased with the evening shows at the hotel. I have already notify to the entertainment team and they feel very grateful because of your kind words.
Also, I have shared your observation of room's cleaning service to our housekeeper and chambermaids.

As I told you by email, we are sorry because we couldn't reached your expectations about the rooms. We always try our best with our customers requests but unfortunately, this is not always possible.

Finally, it will be a real pleasure to welcome you again with us and have the opportunity to improve your stay in Sol Timor.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Stayed in August so hotel was busy staff well experienced and didn't seem one bit fazed. Very much a family orientated hotel with plenty of activities set up for the kids and parents alike. For the active person you have zumba, aqua aerobics and spin classes on offer. Great location with back gate opening on to the promenade and beach. It's a short walk to both the marina and Carahuella. We stayed in a studio apartment and it was cleaned and towels and sheets changed every 2nd day, housekeeping were very polite and friendly. Normally I would not book such a big family hotel as it's only my husband and myself travelling without children so we would prefer something smaller & quiter, the hotel was recommended to me because of its location & though the accomodation is basic it is kept clean, and it did not disappoint in this. The only negative I would say is the beds are quite hard but this in no way spoilt our holiday

Room Tip: Ask for sea view. We were on 6th floor and had no issues with noise
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessieIreland
SolTimorApartamentos, Elvira Bautista, Quality Manager at Sol Timor by Melia - Apartamentos, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear JessieIreland,

I would like to thank you for choosing Sol Timor and using your time sharing your experience with us, we really appreciate it.

I am happy to know how much you have enjoyed your stay with us, our activities, location and specially, our service. I will share your kind words with the rest of the staff. The housekeeper, chambermaids and entertainment team will feel very proud.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in your home in Torremolinos.
Best regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Location perfect
Staff friendly
Rooms cleaned regularly
Pool bed management good with €2 cost deterring bed hog gets and wasters
Beds most uncomfortable I've ever known
Apartment facilities adequate to cook, nice size

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear DublinJanie,

Thank you for giving your feedback of your recent stay with us. Reviews from our customers are always very helpful for us.

I'm pleased to know you have found us friendly and hope you have enjoyed our facilities and services.

I take note of you comments about the bed, I am very sorry to know you have felt uncomfortable.

We look forward to welcome you back at Sol Timor.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Came here with my husband our children and family hotel is very clean rooms are nice food okay breakfast you can get a nice omelet dinner had an okay selection varying from fish pork tuna and chicken pasta. Wine cost 1.50 a glass beer a pint local around 3 euros would advise one to sample it . Right next to the beach we went to the pool every day which was great. Pool did get quite rough when they played water basketball not much consideration for the other people in the pool as in children. Advice to haggle big time with the street traders in the evening time. Had a lovely break. Would go back again don't know about the sol Timor nice place but I just don't know if it's for me.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear nuala m,

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback of your stay at Sol Timor with us.
I am delighted to read your comments about our rooms, food and beverages and location.

I would like to apologize for your experience with waterbasket activities, we always try don't disturb to the other guests. I take note of your observation and I will notify to the entertainment manager.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Good central location. Apts are basic and clean. Never used the restaurant so can't comment . Local transport inexpensive. Beach is clean & lots of nice restaurant along the sea front. Near to Marina. We have stayed here a few times and have been more than happy

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Dorothea H,

Thank you for sharing your opinions with us. We are very grateful with you for choosing Sol Timor once again, and very glad to know you have been more than happy here with us.
Make our customers happy at Sol Timor is our goal.

We are already waiting for you again,
Best regards,