Love the renovations I like a nice modern hotel. It was very Spanish before and quite dark. Room nice and beds very comfortable. However think that the prices are now way to high for whats on offer. Stayed here for one week then moved to another hotel.
There are two reasons why I am not coming back the first is that in my opinion the hotel is grossly understaffed. The dining room is manic, I really feel sorry for the waiting staff they are rushed off their feet and look miserable. Its impossible to do the job with so little workers. Most of the older waiters do not appear to be here they are the lucky ones, it never used to be like this. The quality of the food has gone down, every single morning they offer PINK sausages nobody eats pink sausages. The bacon is so under cooked its inedible. Others reviewers have also pointed this out but nothing changes.
The wait at Reception is appalling and receptionists very unhelpful. to be honest no changes to the past. 40 mins to process a credit card to run a tab!!!!!
I stayed the second week of our holiday at another hotel chain that was light years ahead of Melia.
When hotels charge more I do not expect the staff numbers to drop to unacceptable levels or the food standard to slip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pablo has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, has 443 rooms decorated in Andalusian style and equipped with double bed or twin beds (subject to availability), desk, satellite TV, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). All rooms are non-smoking, except those found in the third and fourth floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia Hotels APAC, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Don Pablo by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol