This is one of the nicest hotels we have been to. Our room was lovely, clean and spacious - we stayed room 244. The only negative was the view wasn't the best from our room, there was a very large tree to the left of our balcony which blocked a lot of the sea view. It was a shame, as it would have been perfect otherwise.
The pool is lovely and huge and the best thing for me was that there was a sunbed for everyone. They also had the cabana's which I would recommend for at least one day, they were E50 for they day but money well spent! They were ridiculously comfortable and the frozen flanels were a nice touch, and you also get a bottle of cava and some fresh fruit thrown in too.
The breakfast was fantastic, something for everyone and the cava was a nice treat each morning too! We were half board and I would definitely recommend it, each day there was the choice of a three course lunch or dinner and there were a selection of meals to choose from, each day they were very different and delicious. We didn't have one bad meal. We generally chose lunch, only had dinner on the first night as we prefer to go out in the evening. The location of the hotel is really good, it was a 15 minute taxi trip to Marbella and 5 minute trip to Puerto Banus. We had a lovely dinner in Benhavis too which I would definitely recommend, its a lovely town and only 10 minutes away in a taxi. There aren't really any places to walk to as the hotel is located in the middle of a residental area, but there are plenty of taxis and we never found it a problem.
There were three weddings there during our stay, they have a party area in the basement of the hotel so there is no noise at all. We never heard anything from our room anyway. In peak season they ususally have three a week, the only difference to us was that breakfast was served in another room on those days as the usual breakfast room is where the wedding breakfast is served, but its not too much of an issue.
There was a lovely chill out area too which was on the outskirts of the hotel and it was a nice place to go and have a few cocktails before we went out. Very relaxing and worth a visit.
My fiance played the golf course North and South and said they were both fantastic, the South course was particularly special apparently! Worth mentioning you can only play these courses if you are a resident at the hotel or a member. As soon as you check out, you aren't allowed to play! Seems like they were missing a trick, as they could have had another round of golf out of us, but they chose to reject it.
Overall though this is a brilliant hotel, and we would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Guadalmina SPA & Golf Resort. MarbellaAn unbeatable location right on the Beach and by two Golf Courses. Located only ten minutes from Marbella and Estepona and only five minutes from Puerto Banus. Restaurants offering International cuisine, Cocktail Bar, Beach Club, Business Centre, WIFI, Outdoor Sea Water Swimming pool, Solarium, Pool Bar, Meeting Rooms for events & Celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Guadalmina Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Guadalmina Spa & Golf Marbella
- Hotel Guadalmina Spa And Golf Resort
- Guadalmina Hotel Marbella
- Golf Hotel Guadalmina
- Marbella Guadalmina