We spent 11 nights at Melia La Quinta.
Hotel rooms are lovely & definitely recommend Pool View Room with breakfast--the view is spectacular!
The golf is expensive at 63 EUR for 9 holes & a buggy but my husband loved the courses.
The breakfasts were also good but be on time as when the breakfast ends at 10.30am--the staff quickly clear the food away!
The pool area is fabulous & there was no issue with ever getting a sun lounger by the pool at any time of day.
The weather at this time of year (late Sep/early Oct) is wonderful.
It is essential to hire a car if staying longer than a few days as taxis would be expensive--to/from Puerto Banus & airport. We booked our hire car with RECORD GO--got a good deal but there was a 3 hour queue for RECORD car hire at airport--(their prices are reasonable so everyone seems to book with them). You must pay for full tank of petrol if stay is longer than 3 days.
Overnight use of car park at La Quinta is 10 EUR/night.
The only thing that did annoy us during our stay was Melia Rep who greeted us every morning and plagued us to attend a presentation on the Melia Hotel in exchange for a 'free gift'.
We eventually agreed to attend the presentation and gradually it became clear to us that they were trying to sell us a timeshare. After 3 hours of intense selling they told us it was 20,900EUR with an annual fee of 675 EUR for 44years!!!!
I advise to go along if you have the time & get the free gift but under no circumstances sign for this crazy deal! There are warnings on internet to not sign up to this deal.
Do, however, get the free MAS REWARDS cards to earn points on all spending at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta