“Good fun night with live music”

El Mexicano Tex - Mex
Ranked #184 of 1,583 Restaurants in Marbella
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: Mexican Restaurant is pleased to present to you the Mexican cuisine we have an excellent team that since 1996 brings the most delicious Mexican style dishes use the best supplies and best quality with the best service to make your experience at our restaurant unique. On our website you will find all the latest information and our offerings and scheduling shows live mariachis information
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Went for first time last week to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. Good central location with lively atmosphere and good authentic food. Very busy (Friday) as there was live real Mexican Mariachi band playing for 2 hours from 22.00.

Juan Pablo Z, Propietario at El Mexicano Tex - Mex, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Hi. It is a pleasure for us that your visit to our restaurant has been of your total pleasure

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

This place has an amazing steak fajitas! The service is phenomenal! And the chips and queso are out of this world delicious. Highly recommended and fare prices.

Thank you for sharing your experience in our restaurant.
We will be happy to answer you again

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I've been lucky enough to try authentic Mexican food , this is not it. If any of my many Mexican friends tried the burrito I had at this restaurant they would be outraged. First I wasn't able to find it my in my plate,everything was covered with God-knows-what white sauce, finally I found a tiny little wrap with "something" inside which was tasteless. It came with a disappointing "pico de gallo" ugly looking beans and some lettuce. The nachos we ordered came on a small plate with hardly any chips , they were some kind of orange meat blob which had a funny taste, there was no jalapeño anywhere to be found.
The place doesn't have air conditioning and in August in Marbella is highly recommended I sweated during all dinner.
The decoration was appropriate. The prices would have been reasonable if the food had been good.Two of my kids ordered chicken fingers that came with frozen fries and my third one ordered a hamburger that came with mahoneise which he dislike very much and it wasn't included in the description. My wife ordered a quesadilla which was fine.
Maybe my expectations were too high but I have been around the block...I won't go back.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Continuing myself and the wifes theme of eating on a budget headed for El mexicano this evening. Took some finding as its out the way of the main drag, but eventually found it with some help from the locals.
Restaurant was pretty empty when we arrived but filled up as the evening progressed with half a dozen families.
The waitress couldnt speak english but we muddled through; starter of guacamole which we shared and two mains of veal and chicken fajita, and chicken enchilada. The food was ok, nothing to write home about but there was plenty of it. With two soft drinks a beer and glass of wine the bill came in at under 40 euros

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Definitely the best Mexican we've found yet in the Marbella area. Large selection of authentic home-made Mexican salsas that they bring out on request, and even Chimay habanero sauces (bottled) imported from Mexico, also available for sale, which we've not found anywhere else. The total bill for a hungry couple was less than €35 for everything incl. drinks (margaritas, beers etc) and a ton of food. High quality, and very reasonably priced authentic Mexican cuisine - delicious and friendly / helpful service.