All reviews an industrial estate malaga airport close to the airport tom tom classic car collection weird location medieval theme minutes from the airport unique hotel terrible location an overnight stay one night stay bus stop hot and cold food early flight breakfast buffet is tapas
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I found this lovely hotel on Booking .com the hotels in central Malaga were rather expensive and this looked different although didn't realise it was off the motorway and on an Industrial estate !!
As soon as you walked into a very old but classical hotel nice rooms and very Spainish
Staff were so helpful we didn't have a car so we got the local bus no,19 to Malaga town 4 Euros great value for 4 of us ! and seeing the locals !
The food was great nothing was too much trouble tapas started at one euro!!Had a swimming pool not heated but nice
We had 2 nights here before getting the train to Fuingerola
Have a rooftop bar and lovely tables to have something Sangria was amazing
If you need a base it's an ideal hotel would stay here again

1  Thank debpod55
Ana J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Plaza Del Castillo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at Hotel Plaza del Castillo.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful, the rooms are lovey and our bed was massive. The staff were kind and helpful, the rooms were clean and tidy. HOWEVER, food was terrible. Thank god we were only staying for one night as we would’ve been starving. The room service menu had barely any options, we got a pizza and it tasted disgusting... I mean how can you mess up such a simple dish? The terrace bar was nice but the overpriced food was tiny and we found a BONE in our potato croquettes. After going to bed hungry desperately trying to find a takeaway near by we eventually gave up and waited for the morning. The breakfast ended up also being a massive let down. The counter service breakfast included old stale cold rock hard fried eggs that were pretty much inedible, the coffee from the mashine was gross and the “fresh” fruit was being kept under the hot counter with the hot food...rank. What we thought would be a romantic last night of our holiday in a posh four star hotel ended up being a traumatic DISASTER. I cannot wait to get on my flight and stuff my face with proper food as my tummy is still rumbling, mc Donald’s is better than this place. So overall, the room was great, pool was tiny and in the shade the most of the day making it freezing and the food was garbage. Don’t come here it’s overpriced, not worth it and you can find better :)

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Very hard to find, but wow was it worth it! Do not arrive by bus, come in a car or taxi. Cost from hotel to the airport was €21 but worth the peace of mind. The courtyard, with fountain, was like something from a Moroccan riad. The food in the Terrace was brilliant, and the staff were so lovely. Nice small, clean pool that closes at 8pm, meaning that there was no disturbance or noise for people in the rooms overlooking. Mattress was superb. Everything really was spotless. Wish I’d stayed longer.

Room tip: I was assigned a room but I think they are probably all of equal quality.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank silversh0es

Reviewed 18 June 2018

For an airport hotel this place is really stunning and the facilities are beautiful. We arrived late in the evening and were so pleased that it had a restaurant. Sadly, the food and service were truly terrible and desperately disappointing. We ordered 3 starters to share and they arrived with my main course - an overcooked rare steak which was tough and looked as if it had been returned by someone else. My partner ordered grilled hake which arrived 25 minutes after my steak and was not only overcooked but covered in a nasty looking orange coloured sauce and was tepid. We sent it back and then had to wait another 15 minutes for some very average fried fish. This hotel has such great potential with beautiful gardens and is so well designed that it's such a shame that they are not taking advantage of their restaurant by serving really good food. Breakfast was more acceptable but don't eat the 'English cooked breakfast'!! It looked as if it had been cooked a week ago and my partner tried a few of the things and they tasted really bland and as if nobody cared about cooked food. The cold cuts, melon and coffee were fine. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and because we had an early flight we had hoped to relax on our last night but instead had to drive into Malaga to find a decent place to eat. We got back to the hotel at 11pm only to find everything closed and no chance of sitting in the beautiful gardens with a glass of wine. Such a terrible waste of a beautiful place which could be so great with a decent restaurant and a bar that at the very least serves until midnight.

1  Thank ptgrrtt
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the hotel for one night and we were pleasantly surprised with how clean the hotel was. The staff was also very helpful and friendly. The location isn’t great, but I liked how close to the airport we were (since we were continuing our travels the next day). Don’t use a taxi, hire transportation from the hotel, it’s cheaper!

Overall a very good stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple