I stayed in the Marriott Playa Andaluza for 3 nights in the beginning of May '12. It is a great resort, offering the well know Marriott quality. The reception area (separate building in typical Andalusian style) is beautiful, and the reception staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Next to the reception area is a small supermarket, which provides all you need for breakfast, lunch and simple dinners. The prices in the resort supermarker are of course higher than in the normal supermarkets alongside the A-7 Cadiz/Malaga highway, but the quality of the products offered is high and it is very convenient as you don't have to leave the resort. The resort itself is very clean and kept at a very high level. The resort has severals large swimming pools (of which one indoor), there is a professional gym, sauna, turkish bads, tennis courts, BBQ area, children playgrounds ... etc. The appartments (with hotel service) are spacious and super equipped. There is a large open kitchen with everything you need, even a freezer, dishwasher and Nespresso machine, a storage area with a washing machine, dryer and cleaning equipment. The dinning/sitting area is spacious and furnished to a high standard. There are 2 or 3 double bedrooms, all ensuite, each with build-in closets and their own flatscreen TV. The spacious terras overlooking the gardens or even the sea is the icing on the cake. The appartments are decorated in Andalusian style, but still recogniseably Marriott, including the high Marriott quality beds. The resort is mostly self-catering, so there are limited catering facilities (main restaurant with annex bar and a pool bar for lunch if weather permits). The main restaurant offers buffet breakfast (16€ PP/PD, but if you buy a voucher for 3 breakfasts, you get a discount and pay 12€ PP/PD). The main restaurant also offers dinner. We ate there twice, on both occasions the food was good value for money (expect large portions). A rental car is recommended if you want to visit places in the area like Marbella, Puerto Banus, ... or further afield Gibraltar, Tariffa, or a drive into to mountains to Ronda (recommedned). Parking the car at the resort is free of charge. Below the resort there is an impressive parking lot, where you can drive up to your block and take an elevator up to your appartment. If you want to eat outside we could recommend:
1) Tanino - walking distance, next to the Crown Plaza hotel: trendy/loungy/eclectic interiour and terras with fusion foods.
2) The village of Benahavis (10 minutes drive from the hotel) is well known for its many gastronomic restaurants.
We had a great stay in the Marriott Playa Andaluza and will certainly come back to enjoy a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott's Playa Andaluza invites you to a place of relaxation surrounded by lush beauty. Located in beautiful Malaga, Spain, alluring backdrops accompany yoru stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott's Playa Andaluza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Playa Andaluza Hotel Estepona
- Marriott Vacation Club Estepona
- Marriotts Hotel Estepona
- Marriott Estepona
- Estepona Marriott
- Marriott Playa Andaluza