All reviews the room service menu room upgrade luxury hotel beautiful hotel sea view detox bathrobes programme loungers reception euros
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I had booked this hotel as a treat for my wife on our 25th wedding anniversary and didn't really expect the sort of response we had at the hotel. As previous comments have stated, this is an ADULTS only hotel but also quite a dettox sort of hotel. Getting decent food with some of the extra's (like butter and sugar!) is a definite no-no. Eating in the restaurant is an experience - and not a good one for me! Although the service and the food we had were good, it's was only good if you were on one of their dettox programmes. And it doesn't come cheap! 80 Euros for lunch and another 80 Euros of dinner is a bit steep for what it is!
Our first issue was the room safe, which had gone low on batteries. I called the reception after we checked in (so about 3-4pm) and stated the safe was not working. We then went out for the evening and returned around 11pm and the safe was not fixed!
We then found the air conditioning wasn't functioning (it was when we arrived). I tried everything I could to get it on but to no avail (it was very humid in Spain during our visit). I called reception and initially they were not that responsive. The receptionist stated she would reset the A/C and see if that solved it. She asked me to call he back if it had not been resolved (I would have though the hotel should take more responsibility for this problem). I called back saying it was not fixed and I was informed that the maintenance crew would be informed. I enquired about when I should expect a resolution and I was told it would be the next day (we were only there one night!). I had to up my frustration a little and stated that was unacceptable!
The receptionist then visited the room to see herself that the A/C wasn't working and I now understood the reluctance of offering another room - we had a sea-view room and apparently there were no sea-views room left. I told her we didn't mind what sort of room it was, just that we needed A/C! We were then moved rooms just before midnight, which is not ideal, but we were pleasantly surprised to find we had a room upgrade (no sea-view though!). So a special mention to Marina on reception duty who sorted this out for us.
The final issue was with the food. We were looking for breakfast but were told we could only have the very healthy option in the restaurant - not a bad idea, but we were on holiday and wanted to enjoy ourselves. I asked at reception about breakfast options and were told we could have a 'less healthy option' as room service - I wanted that option but my wife wanted a variation of the healthy option. We ordered this via reception (as the direct line to the restaurant was faulty - after 10 mins trying to get through to them!), but we were then informed we cannot mix both breakfast's for room service! WHAT!?!
We then visited the restaurant and asked about the different options and were shown the different options on a sort of menu card - why wasn't this menu option available in the room!?! Which brings me onto my last issue of information in the rooms. The ONLY info in the rooms was a list of spa treatments - nothing about where breakfast was, what times it was served from and to, and the options available to us such as room service options.
So all in all, quite a disappointing experience but this is clearly a luxury hotel and the rooms were great (about from the above issues).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donald E
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

What an amazing hotel. The whole experience was truly fantastic and from the second you arrived you felt relaxed. The hotel, the grounds, the pool and the room were truly magnificent and could not be better. Towels were available throughout the day on the sun lounges ready and were changed regularly. Plenty of outdoor areas for you to sit and relax. Peace and quiet radiated throughout the establishment and I think the people who choose to book here know this as everyone seemed to a have a relaxed and polite attitude. The staff could not have done more for you. The only downside for us was the lack of snacks throughout the day though it is a health spa so you wouldn't really expect chips and burgers on offer. Once you accept that there is no alcohol or rubbish food then there is nothing more you could wish for. The spa and the staff are very friendly and I would certainly recommend a treatment or two. We shall certainly be returning and thoroughly look forward to it. Thank you Healthouse!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 August 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your stay in our luxury 5-star health hotel and for having taken the time for such detailed and fantastic review on tripadvisor.

We are very happy to know that you really enjoyed our amazing facilities plenty of outdoor areas for you to sit and relax, the leavy gardens, the heated swimmingpool with the comfortable sunbeds with the unique Mediterranean views, and that especially the concept with our different high cuisine & balanced menus ensured you a special experience. Furthermore we are glad to hear that we also convinced you with our individual service, incredible treatments and the 3000 sqm Naturhouse Spa.
We are glad to tell you that we have a new snakcs menu you will enjoy by the pool on your next stay here!

Thank you very much for your words for our lovely and professional team. That is a great compliment for all of us!

Again, thank you very much and we look forward to your return to our little paradise at the Costa del Sol,
Your Healthouse team.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is a beautiful hotel. The grounds are lovely, the rooms very spacious and clean and the staff are friendly. However, we booked with two children in our party. Having looked at the reviews we were slightly apprehensive as they often mentioned adults only yet the staff at the hotel reassured us they loved children. At the hotel we were advised that most of the areas would be off limit to us and the only dining facilities available was room service. I can completely understand this in regards to the other guests having a peaceful experience but I am compelled to explain an issue I had as ironically one of the other reviews on here is insulting to us (Daniel O) One morning I asked if it was possible to get a tea or coffee from somewhere as my children were not allowed in the restaurant. The staff directed me to ask at the restaurant. I asked in the restaurant if it was possible to take away a drink. I was ushered out, told it would be taken care of and I returned to my room. A simple yes or no would have been sufficient. A lukewarm tea and coffee were delivered to the room and on checkout we were charged 12 euros for this. I do not consider myself 'disgusting' to query this and I was not trying to be 'cool' by staying here. I am not happy that you allow such personal, out of context and inaccurate reviews to be published without redress. I have still awarded a very good rating as I think as an adults only hotel it is beautiful but perhaps you should reconsider allowing children in the booking.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
wsandraweiss, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Healthouse Las Dunas Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Mrs. Wicker_10,

many thanks for your kind rating and your review and that you have taken the time to let us know you thoughts.
We are offering two parts in the Hotel: one is the adults only health center and medical Spa with our healthy restaurant to detox, to loose weight, destress and to stop smoking and the other part of the property is our Apartment area where we offer the guests to stay in luxury apartments with own garden and pool area for families, children with a program again childhood obesity and guests who are travelling with their pet. The apartments have another price range because they have not included the restaurant services and the 3000 sqm Spa area for example. The rate for a Deluxe room at the adults only health center is 385 € and one apartment with similar space is available from 165 € per night/apartment. Never than less we are offering a room service card for our apartment guests where healthy dishes like lunch, dinner, breakfast and a menu for children is offered. We are very sorry that you were not happy with our restaurant service and hope to welcome you soon again to convince you of our friendly staff and team members.

Best regards from the Costa del Sol and many thanks again for your fair rating!
Sandra Huerga Kanzler & your Healthouse Team

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Stayed here for 3 days in April '17 with my sister. We have a beautiful 2 bed apartment. It was very clean and had everything you might need. Lovely big balcony. The whole complex was incredibly quiet and peaceful. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. We felt we'd found a little oasis, and will certainly be going back. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
wsandraweiss, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Healthouse Las Dunas Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Dear Mrs. Bristol,

many thanks for your very kind review and that you have taken the time to let us know that you felt you found a little oasis. Very are very proud to hear that and hope to welcome you and your sister soon again at our health hotel or the apartments.

Best regards from your hideaway at the Costa del Sol and from all the team of Healthouse,
Sandra Huerga Kanzler

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I have read three bad comments, and I believe those people complaint, because they were in a wrong place, they should return to their bed and breakfast or to their airbnb, and never go again to a luxury hotel. Everything looks spotless and top line.

We are talking about a 5 star great luxury accommodation. That's why is not cheap and affordable to all the pockets, but sometimes you can find great deals to treat yourself and then is when those miserables enter in scenery. I show a British family doing the check out and complaining about 5 euros for a room charge, and why is not tea or caffe in the room. Something very British for families who wants to be cool but cannot afford. Disgusting.

I fully recommend it, and I hope those great offers still and doesn't ruin the great name of health house las Dunas, because those type of clients.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Daniel O
wsandraweiss, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Healthouse Las Dunas Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear Mr. Daniel O.,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for having taken the time for such detailed and fantastic review on tripadvisor. A special thanks for your reservation even if you read before some bad comments.

I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much and for you kind words that everything looks "spotless and top line" ! This is a great compliment for all of us!

Best wishes,